New Retailer Looking For Suggestions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GDA Dave

Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Hey everyone, I recently started a D* retail operation to go along with my other low volt contracting services and have some general questions for you guys.

1.) How do installers get started? I have a pretty good piece work pay scale put together but it seems like a lot of tools are needed to get installations done in a timley matter. Do your employers provide items like wall fishing tools, dish finders, ect? How about cable, wire, and other esentials? I require all of my current employes to supply there own hand tools but can not really get anyone to clarify these other items.

2.) I've read a few places that employers are letting there guys keep all of their "side money" what does that mean? Also do the installers normally get a commission structure to upsell clients and promote the services to friends and family?

3.) Also I know this is probably not the majority of people in these forums but how about inside and outside sales people? I'm really having a hard time figuring out how to pay them.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys. I look forward to your awnsers.

GDA Dave

Is this for commercial or residential?

We are a commercial low voltage contractor. I could probably give you a few pointers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)