New Retailer Looking For Suggestions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GDA Dave

Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Hey everyone, I recently started a D* retail operation to go along with my other low volt contracting services and have some general questions for you guys.

1.) How do installers get started? I have a pretty good piece work pay scale put together but it seems like a lot of tools are needed to get installations done in a timley matter. Do your employers provide items like wall fishing tools, dish finders, ect? How about cable, wire, and other esentials? I require all of my current employes to supply there own hand tools but can not really get anyone to clarify these other items.

2.) I've read a few places that employers are letting there guys keep all of their "side money" what does that mean? Also do the installers normally get a commission structure to upsell clients and promote the services to friends and family?

3.) Also I know this is probably not the majority of people in these forums but how about inside and outside sales people? I'm really having a hard time figuring out how to pay them.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys. I look forward to your awnsers.

GDA Dave

Is this for commercial or residential?

We are a commercial low voltage contractor. I could probably give you a few pointers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts