New Roku on the way

I saw official pics of all 4 (I think) maybe 3, can't exactly remember, new Roku devices. Prices will start at 29.99 for similar "stick", but it's been updated some. I saw this official Roku post on Facebook from Roku company itself. I am impressed with all the new Roku devices!!

I'm happy with the speed. I don't use Netflix. I don't use it much. Some Amazon Prime and of course, cat videos. :D

Agree w/ 'chop.... Have a R3 here and very happy with it. I dont see the value in upgrading to gain an extra second is app response time.
I am not sure how much of a speed increase the new models will give you over the 3. It is already very speedy.

With the generation before that it is substantial however. We have a spare (cant remember the model designation) in the guest bedroom, and after using the newer ones, it feels antiquated with the response time. Obviously if that is what one is used it may not seem like a big deal (and I guess it truly isnt in the scheme of things).

I am not sure how much of a speed increase the new models will give you over the 3. It is already very speedy.

With the generation before that it is substantial however. We have a spare (cant remember the model designation) in the guest bedroom, and after using the newer ones, it feels antiquated with the response time. Obviously if that is what one is used it may not seem like a big deal (and I guess it truly isnt in the scheme of things).

The R3 is light years ahead of both the original Roku and the stick. Am very happy w/ it. Multiple apps, USB in. Headphones in remote.
Got Plex installed for home media and streaming a lot of live channels. Its an awesome device.

I also have a Sharp Roku TV...very satisfied. The TV opens up to the same R3 menu and the first app is "ANTENNA" for OTA.
The only negative is there's no Ethernet port. But for 200$CA who's complaining.

No problems with my Roku 4, but I pre-ordered a Roku Ultra. Received an e-mail from Roku for a $50 discount on Roku Ultra pre-order.

I have 8 Rokus and I did not received any coupon.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have 8 Rokus and I did not received any coupon.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

All I got was an e-mail from Roku titled, " A special note to our early Roku 4 customers. " I guess it is a special offer for those that pre-ordered Roku 4 last year direct from them as the Roku 4 had some issues early on. I thought it was just another serving of spam since I have spam filter turned off.

I have 2 Rokus. 1 that is an original 2XS I believe (gave to my dad when I preordered the new Roku 2 from Sling TV) and the speed was light years quicker, not to mention the 5ghz capability and eithernet port on back. I'm satisfied with it. Am going to get a new one when I replace my old tube rca tv in the bedroom with only coax connection.

I am going to pick one up at a BestBuy on my way home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)