New Roof

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So much time and energy trying to get something for nothing. I guess after lying to get the install free, tipping the tech would be out of the question. My installer worked from 10 to noon so I bought his lunch for him.

I am in the process of getting a new roof due to wind and hail damage. My insurance company gave me $$ in the settlement to remove and reinstall the wing dish which is attached to my roof. I contact DIRT member Matt to see how much it would cost and schedule an appointment. Fortunately for me, Matt advised that I no longer need the wing dish to get my locals. I was able to disconnect that dish at the switch and reprogram my locals to come in on my main dish which is attached to the side of my house. When my roofer comes out (if it ever stops raining here) he is going to take down the wing dish. If the OP is getting his roof replaced through his insurance then I would think they would have factored removing and replacing his dish into his settlement.

What a wonderful learning experience this could be.

Mount and align the dish yourself, you really need to know how to do this for your own sake.

Techs usually never really peak your dish to optimum performance (just make it work and go) - DO IT YOURSELF!

Get a CommDeck installed

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet. The roofers should install a weatherproof RSTC CommDeck to mount your dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)