New Roof

When I had my roof replaced I unbolted it from the roof and laid it down next to the house. I did NOT remove the cable or the dish from it's mounts only removed the lag bolts securing it to the roof. When the roofers were finished I had them install a new Commdeck Retrodeck dish mount I bought on line in the same location. A Retrodeck roof mount allows a roof mount with out creating any holes in your new roof (this should be standard equipment from Dish but it would cost them money). I then bolted the dish on the Retrodeck mount. Then went inside and turned on the receiver to POINT DISH. Since I never unscrewed any adjustments on the dish when removing and replacing it the signal was close to 55%. The only adjustment needed was a slight turn of the azimuth to achieve 80% .

That's very interesting as my brother is having a fit that we have to put holes in the roof again after redoing it. BUT, after just a short glace at the mount, I wonder if they are sturdy? We get some pretty high winds, couldn't it tear the shingle off? Is that all that's holding it on pretty much? And wouldn't lifting the shingle also defeat the purpose of possible water leakage? Once it's loose it's loose. I just don't want to buy one and be unhappy with it.....

Mine is ROCK SOLID. No problems in high winds. The shingles lay back down over the mounts fasteners. The mount is not held by the shingle. The mount is fastened to the roof structure under the shingle tabs with screws. The same way all roof flashings are. Show it to your roofer. My roofer was very impressed by it.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it more and run it by my brother to see if he'd rather do it that way before I go ahead and purchase, thanks for the heads up!

Here is a picture of the mount.
1.jpg

Reactions: andreah1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts