New rule at Satelliteguys?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
Hello friends; I just noticed something unusual reading threads today. A fellow member, Barn rat had a thread. After few folks responded, a staff member closed the thread explaining OP requested it. Now, nobody can respond since the title has a padlock next to it!
At another forum I follow regarding computer related questions OP decides when and if he or she can close the thread.
I am wondering why we can‘t have the same principle here.

Do we have to contact staff when we no longer need responses?

Hello friends; I just noticed something unusual reading threads today. A fellow member, Barn rat had a thread. After few folks responded, a staff member closed the thread explaining OP requested it. Now, nobody can respond since the title has a padlock next to it!
At another forum I follow regarding computer related questions OP decides when and if he or she can close the thread.
I am wondering why we can‘t have the same principle here.

Good question! I can see a lot of times I ask a "Slap the forhead question" To realize how dum it was or no longer relevant.

It can cause issues, with certain members if we allow them to close and open threads as they see fit. So, yes just ask if you want a thread closed and the reason. It is then at the discretion of staff whether or not to close the thread. It is very rarely needed, so no big deal. This has always been the way here, nothing new. We also DO NOT delete threads as it becomes a part of history. The only way a thread gets deleted is if it is inappropriate content obviously or hacking.