New rules regarding East and West Coast HD feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cartdan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Arrgh!

I read the thread saying that FOX HD was up, but couldn't see it, so I called D* to make sure they had my Fox waiver approval on file. The CSR read me a screen off of her computer that came up when she tried to check out my waivers that basically said that as of Dec. 16th they are no longer allowed by law to turn on the east and west coast feeds of the networks. She said that as long as I didn't change equipment or programming that my existing channels (I have CBSE and W) wouldn't be affected, but noone (no matter their waiver status) can get the east and west coast feeds any more...

Sounds like I'm screwed (again) by the system, can anyone confirm that this is true and not just a screwed up CSR?

- Dan

Well the rule is supossed to apply to analog distants in that if you receive locals you are not eligible for distants.

The only thing that is currently active for digitial distants. Is that if you live in an analog white area you can get digitial distants. Also the networks have agreed to let their O&O markets receive the distant signal. The part I'm confused about is that I thought the network, not the law, also agreed to alow people with analog waivers also to receive the digital signal. But I guess that's not the case anymore.

The case for digitials still needs to be created. What the FCC needs to develop (I belive the have a year to do this) Is to create a digital white area that maps out who cannot receive a digitial signal. Then they way it will work is that you would be allowed to have digital distants, but once local digitals are launched by Directv in your market you must be switched to locals in 60 days.

cartdan said:
Arrgh! (SNIP) but noone (no matter their waiver status) can get the east and west coast feeds any more... Sounds like I'm screwed (again) by the system, can anyone confirm that this is true and not just a screwed up CSR? - Dan

I got mine turned on last night! Ch 88 & 89

I have a waiver for my local fox, and both came up!!! (its actually nice - I am in Phx - and my wife is from NY, and she likes having the NY local info)

Mine are on too, 88/89. I can get locals over dish, but choose national feeds. No waivers needed.
Hope they stay on though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)