New S229 Feature - Bluetooth Audio

lucky86 said:
I've got a pair of Motorola S9 HD's and I love them. I think the new S11s just came out recently

Are your S9's working with the Hopper? Just got S230 and mine won't work. They pair, but just stay in pairing mode, or once they pair, go into a standby mode with the slow flashing red light.

Mine do that every once in a while. I just try a couple of times and I get it working. The button process on these head phones is odd. Press and hold once, it flashes red. Press and hold again then it flashes green. Press and hold for 2-3 seconds, then tap the button twice and the blue light comes on solid and goes into pairing mode...weird. I've had the blue light stay on after paired, I just turned off bluetooth on the Hopper and waited a minute or two for the light to go out. I think I've only noticed this when my batteries are low.

I had the Bluetooth headset I ordered from amazon come in today. There the Aluratek ABH01F model. All I can say is awesome! Best feature of the hopper so far. I can now watch shows at night after the wife and kid goes to bed without worrying about keeping them up. I have noticed a very slight sync issue, but its not bad at all.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Same ones Aluratex I just got last week.
Still having synching issues. Allot off.
Same on all channels.
Paired and unpaired.
Plus rebooted the hopper.

Maybe headphones defective?

Now what??

I use the cheapie Kinivo 'phones which have good SQ for the price. Good enough fit for occasional use.
Have experienced some cut outs, but most of the time it works as intended. This will be a real winner when available on the Joey.

As it was done for EHDs. It would be nice to set up a thread for Bluetooth equipment that works with the Hopper. I am particullarly interested in rear speakers.

As it was done for EHDs. It would be nice to set up a thread for Bluetooth equipment that works with the Hopper. I am particullarly interested in rear speakers.

This won't work unless you just want all of your sound coming from the rear. This won't work for surround sound though. You need an audio receiver with wireless speakers for what you are trying to do. The hopper doesn't decode and send out 5.1 audio. It bitstreams the dolby digital 5.1 signal to the receiver which then decodes and sends sound to each speaker.

When using bluetooth, the audio on the TV is still present. So it wouldn't really be true surround sound, but you could basically have a set of speakers behind you but it would be carrying all audio channels just like your TV speakers.

hdaddikt said:
I use the cheapie Kinivo 'phones which have good SQ for the price. Good enough fit for occasional use.
Have experienced some cut outs, but most of the time it works as intended. This will be a real winner when available on the Joey.

Do you have lip sync issues paired
With hopper?

lern4483 said:
With hopper?

I have a Kinivo Bluetooth headset that had a noticeable lag in the audio. Not sure what to do, if anything is possible to correct it.

With hopper?

I have noticed it on occasion. I could probably tolerate a small amount for the off times I would be using BT. Time will tell. The drop outs concerned me more, but used
them for 1 1/2 hrs. last night which is longer than I would on a regular basis, and except for one drop out of about 10 seconds, everything was fine.

Are you sure you aren't causing the drops? The only time mine drops is when I lay my head down in a certain position and block the back portion of the headset, but that happens with any device om connected to if I block my headphones. Just a thought.

Thanks on the explanation on how the sound is sent out via Bluetooth. I now see why headphones are a better idea than speekers for me or looking into an audio receiver with wireless speakers.

Are you sure you aren't causing the drops? The only time mine drops is when I lay my head down in a certain position and block the back portion of the headset, but that happens with any device om connected to if I block my headphones. Just a thought.

That's possible, one time I removed them and held them in front of me, and still no audio. I turned off the phones, turned them back on, and the audio was back. So far this has been a very infrequent occurrence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts