New satellite for dish in 2010

jeremydiederich1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Burton,MI
News Dish Network Adds Satellite For 2010
The satcaster has two leased satellites scheduled for this year.
By
Swanni
Washington, D.C. (April 23, 2008) -- Dish Network has hired Space Systems/Loral to build a new satellite which is scheduled for launch in 2010, the companies announced yesterday.

The new satellite will be used to expand Dish's programming lineup. Dish also has leased space on two satellites scheduled for launch this year to offer more High-Definition programming.

The satcaster suffered a setback last month when a third satellite it planned to use for HD programming failed to reach its proper orbit and was declared a failure.

Unlike the three satellites scheduled for 2008, the Loral satellite will be built specifically for Dish Network.

"Space Systems/Loral's record of reliability and their high powered platform are very important to our business," said Rohan Zaveri, vice president of Space Programs for DISH Network. "We are pleased to add another Space Systems/Loral-built satellite to the DISH Network fleet."

I wonder which two sats they are talking about for this year, that DISH has supposedly leased space on? I know that DISH is launching two more but they are for 110 and then CHina which has no effect on the U.S. at all. I know of the Ceil sat for 129 but that is not a DISH sat at all. So what other sat are they talking about for lease space ? Oh wait a minute, they did talk about 72.7 sat space . So DISH is leasing space on both 72.7 and 129 sats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts