New SC guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The new code will only apply to the 4 current models (207/317/505/530). The 205 and 315 are not compatible with the new IPG, etc.

Thanks.... an upgrade might be nice, but I don't want to add another dead useless box to my collection. Glad I'm not forced to.

Staffers have been running the new code for a week now and new code should start appearing by Tuesday morning, the 24th of July.

I can't wait.

Me too..

I've been having the Jeopardy! theme run thru my head this week, every time I think about the new StarChoice guide.

Also is anyone else starting to groan over the fact the CDN$ is almost at parity with the US$? Aah, I miss those days of getting my satellite service at a 40% discount!

I got it on my 530 last night. Its a whole lot fast, better, and easier to read. Lots of color codes on the guide. I even like how they have made the DVR functions work more properly.

I haven't had too much time to play around with it. I will be glad when the lineup changes too.

Thank you for your responses! I know you haven't had much time to play with it, but can you tell us if you've noticed any missing features relative to the original post (the 8 hi-lite features)? In particular, does the guide go out 14 days and is it searchable?

No, this new guide isn't going 14 days out nor is there a search feature that I can find. Since it hasn't been fully rolled out, these features may not become available until that time.

I finally received the update last night! Yep, no 14 day guide, search, or most of the other goodies outlined in post #1 (unfortunately). It looks like "Scrooloose" was absolutely correct in post #6. I appreciate the current update, but I'm really looking forward to the day the features in the original post become reality!

New Guide - arrived

:D My new guide arrived overnight... I knew something was up when the lights on my 505 were lit, but the box was off.

I only had a few minutes to check it out this morning, but I was very pleased to see how fast the guide loaded and how much faster the picture returned when I left the guide.

My guide arrived on my 505 on Tuesday.

The only feature I really wanted was the "Not Subscribed", like I had when I had E* and Evu. While I don't really need the other features as mentioned, I would have liked the search feature.

Is the Channel mosaic in the mix, too? If so, how does one access it?

The identifier for the favorites selection (while viewing guide with video) has been moved from the rectangle in the upper right corner to a small area on the first line of the guide. The area is big enough for ALL and PPV, but you can't read the other lists names. It's a bit confusing.

I noticed the new guide a couple days ago on my 505. Well...it's better than the old guide, but it still needs a lot of work IMO.

I agree. I find it a bit garish and cartoony...but had no love for the old guide, and there are some improvements. Was hoping for some font smoothing, and better use of available real estate when viewing the guide on a 16:9 set.

I really don't like not having the "HD" indicator in the guide grid -- having to view the show info to check is a step backwards IMHO. (When HD channels get to the point that they are showing mainly HD content, this will be a non-issue, but we aren't there yet.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts