Smith P.

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
New uplink data:
2 tpn (20, 24 - 8PSK) at 61.5W
2 tpn (22,23 - 8PSK) at 129W

bunch of MPEG-2 "OPEN2...5" ( AVAIL) [574+] and MPEG-4 "TMP a/b/c.." channels ( NA) [9480+]

20 new National HD Channels added in the space vacated by Voom ! (and 5 French Open PPV SD channels)

Only identified as "TMP" - no channel names.

Not yet available to any customers.

Update - someone posted:

They aren't testing anything yet. The data is in the tables, but the streams don't exist yet. But it looks like they are planning something.

20 new National HD Channels added in the space vacated by Voom ! (and 5 French Open PPV SD channels)

Only identified as "TMP" - no channel names.

Not yet available to any customers.

Update - someone posted:

I really hope this means "20 new National HD Channels added [some] in the space vacated by Voom [the other five using previously available space].

Turning 15 channels into 20 channels would not be good for the picture quality... I'm confident that they did not do this... But then again it's Dish, so you never know.

Call me stupid, but I'm not sure what exactly this means.

Is this an indication that we might be getting 20 new national HD channels in the near future?

Call me stupid, but I'm not sure what exactly this means.

Is this an indication that we might be getting 20 new national HD channels in the near future?

Excellent question.

It's an indication that Dish has given TEMP names to 20 empty slots.

If you're looking for the most unnamed slots then Dish kicks D*'s a@@. Otherwise, and unless you're in the Dish inner circle, there's no way to know what (if anything) this means.

Haha, thanks for the great info ;)

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't just slower than your average bear......

I really hope this means "20 new National HD Channels added [some] in the space vacated by Voom [the other five using previously available space].

Turning 15 channels into 20 channels would not be good for the picture quality... I'm confident that they did not do this... But then again it's Dish, so you never know.

The Friday before DISH removed VOOM, they uplinked an additional 20 HD channels. Five of them were never made available. (Supposedly Showtime West, Showtime 2, The Movie Channel, WGN and Mojo.)

So there's definitely room for 20 more channels, because during that weekend, there were 20 more channels uplinked than there are now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)