New Series: MotorSport Ranch on Rush HD Premieres tonight at 9pm ET

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
This original docu-competition series provides an insiders look at a country club where motoring enthusiasts indulge their racing fantasies in head-to-head competition. This eccentric Ranch in Texas bares witness to wealthy members who meet, entertain, socialize, and race exotic dream cars, culminating with the crowning of the MotorSport Ranch Top Ten Champion. New series premieres June 7th, Thursdays at 9PM EST.

I hope everyone enjoys the show. I know we had a great time shooting it. I can tell you that we all started out with the intention of just putting on a good show, but our competitive side took over and the racing got pretty serious.

Here is the quiz, can you guess which driver I am??

wasnt this filmed a long time ago like two years?? I remember you talking about it when you first joined.

Yes,

I don't know all the ins and outs of getting it to air, but it sure was a long time.

I know that originally VOOM was going to air a new channel called TorQ, but it never took off (Stalled at the line). During the past two years there has been a flury of similar shows come out like Roush RacerX. Unfortunately Motorsport is going to look like a copycat production, but we were actually shot and done before some of the other shows.

There should be some interesting photography too. Many scenes were shot using a remote controlled helicopter fitted with a tiny HD camera. We even did some with a photgrapher inside the car with us. He really needed to get paid more for enduring that.

Honestly we all thought this was going to some kind of punked show or we were going to stage the races. Once the flag dropped, it was pure adreneline. We knew this was probably going to be the only time we were going to be racing in this format and once the race was done that was going to be it. Bragging rights for the next 10 years. We are not the kind of group that is used to losing at anything so it was all smiles in front of the camera, but it was a dogfight behind the camera. My hands were literally shaking at the starting line and it was made worse by the endless waiting around for all the cameras to get ready.

I had a tuner come in from Colorado to get the car ready, I was using the grippiest tires I could find for the track and weather conditions, we pushed the motor past 100% of safe capacity all for the ability to give somebody a glance and know you OWN them.

One of the guys will not even talk to me to this day. I know that the preliminary races was some of the best driving I have ever done and the Semifinals went down just about how I thought it would 6 months before shooting ever started. Jack looked at me after the preliminaries and said, "Where the F.... did you come from?" (That was after the cameras were off).

None of us have seen the shows yet so we are as anxious as school girls at their first dance to see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts