New service confirmation / advice please....

gwkiser

Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Guys, I need a little confirmation. This is my first foray into satellite service, so bear with me and my ignorance. I've ordered DISH with one HD DVR and one regular (non HD, non DVR) box for a second room. The programming and equipment listed on the confirm email from them is:

PROGRAMMING:

AMERICA'S TOP 200
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN
FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST
SAN ANTONIO TX LOCALS
SilverHD

EQUIPMENT:

110/119 ORBIT
Dish 1000.2 KIT
DISH 1000.2 KIT

My questions are:

1. Does this mean I'm getting two antennas?

2. Is the Silver HD package the same as the turbo HD in terms of quality of reception? The automated config system on their site kept sending me only to a choice of one of the Turbo HD programming packages when I wanted HD in addition to a standard package. I had to manually configure the above setup and hope that it's the same in terms of quality of reception.

3. Any idea which HD DVD box I'll get? I'm hoping that it's the 722, but am not sure as I only spec'd out for two TVs.

4. In my prep for the install, do both boxes need access to a phone line? Currently, only the location for the HD DVR has access.

5. I've spec'd to have the antenna(s) mounted to my fireplace as it offers the best line-of-sight to the sats and I've noticed that most of the installers around here are screwing the antennas directly on top of / through the roofs. Should I anticipate some sort of extra labor charge for the chimney mounting?

Sorry for the long post. I really appreciate any and all responses and advice.

adding 118 to legacy equipment

Dish Home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts