Dish Home

awcdish

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 11, 2007
SF Bay Area
Last night, I went to the Dish Home page where it shows the 6 channels simultaneously. Also at the bottom are the options for service, entertainment, sports, news, games, etc.

Well, the middle box in the top row had a picture of a lock so I clicked on it. A message popped up saying I needed to upgrade my satellite dish and this channel would enable me to access on demand news, sports, games etc. Anyone else see this? Was it just an error?

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
No, if the channel is either in a package you do not subscribe to or if you locked the channel out of your guide lineup, you get the Locked logo. Why would Dish give you a channel not in your package or one you chose to lock out?

awcdish

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 11, 2007
SF Bay Area
Well I have the 250 pack and HBO and do not have any channels locked. Just figured it was strange. I don't think they would put a showtime channel or any other premium I do not get on the 6 channel view on Dish Home.

rglore

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Louisville
Highlight the locked channel and press the info button three times. Bravo will now show up as the mystery channel!

update: Dish fixed it, now ESPN.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)