New Service, no HD TV but want a VIP box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hendrix04

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Hey, I am about to sign my sister up with dish with a DVR, AT200, and all that jazz. Here is the deal, she doesn't currently have an HDTV but will be getting one within the next month or 3. I was wondering if I could tell dish that I wanted HD service even if she doesn't have an HDTV (This way she could go ahead and get an HD DVR for when she does get an HDTV and won't have to pay for an upgrade). Does this sound possible or will an installer get there, see she doesnt have an HDTV and just install an SD DVR?

I would recommend any new customer getting an HD box, SD or HD tv doesn't matter, better picture even on SD tv. This is the future,and the future is not far away, the monthly fee is not that much more.

Hey, I am about to sign my sister up with dish with a DVR, AT200, and all that jazz. Here is the deal, she doesn't currently have an HDTV but will be getting one within the next month or 3. I was wondering if I could tell dish that I wanted HD service even if she doesn't have an HDTV (This way she could go ahead and get an HD DVR for when she does get an HDTV and won't have to pay for an upgrade). Does this sound possible or will an installer get there, see she doesnt have an HDTV and just install an SD DVR?

You can get whatever receiver you want. Dish will be more than happy to take your money. I install HD receivers frequently where the customer doesn't yet have an HDTV.

I would get a VIP622 and spend the extra $25 over the 612. The fee's are the same and you get 2 rooms out of the deal,istead of 1. "1 SD and 1 HD". And the 622 is a much better receiver then the 612.

If you sign up for DVR Atvatage your DVR fees are waved,along with Local channels, and Premiums are only $10 each, including top 250. And with a 622 you get DVR in 2 rooms. Their is an HD enabling fee of $7 ,just for having HD equipment. So she should subscribe to HD essentials for $10. Yes its $3 more but with top 200 she could get over 25 HD channels, instead of none for $7.

Top 200 DVR atvantage with locals and HD essentials is $59.99 per month if she upped to top 250 pack, or even HBO its only $10 extra Same with any movie pack only $10. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts