New service

just need to get past this credit check issue with equifax...emailed dish ceo yesterday, corporate escalation called me about 2 1/2 hrs later but missed the call....expecting a callback today.

A dealer is going to make Atleast $400/$500 per sale and install.

I’m in detroit, it’s not uncommon for me to drive to Wisconsin, Chicago, Ohio, Pennsylvania, NY, and even Connecticut for a commercial job.

Residential jobs I’ll stay within 2 hours due to the higher churn factor

Glad you posted that! Since seeing your picture at the funeral I felt like I have met you not knowing who you were. I was wondering if you had ever been to Connecticut (Where I lived till very recent years) where I might have seen you. Maybe at Scott's house?

RESULT: Corp Escalation called me back.......was told there was an issue with the Dish web system and Equifax.

As a result of pointing out the issue, they waived the cost to get the 3 joey's...happy with that.

Scheduled install for tomorrow. Hopper 3 and 3 wireless joeys.

Got the install email for tomorrow and it lists the dvr equipment as Hopper with Sling...any chance that is synomous with Hopper 3?

Got the install email for tomorrow and it lists the dvr equipment as Hopper with Sling...any chance that is synomous with Hopper 3?
No that is the hopper 2 model and only has three tuners. You can get a super joey installed to add two more tuners. I would call them back and get straight you want the Hopper 3 with 16 tuners. Same Dvr fee as the hopper 2 but you get 13 more satellite tuners.

No that is the hopper 2 model and only has three tuners. You can get a super joey installed to add two more tuners. I would call them back and get straight you want the Hopper 3 with 16 tuners. Same Dvr fee as the hopper 2 but you get 13 more satellite tuners.

Keep in mind the HWS might be all their willing to give you because they can’t check your credit.

I have two HWSes.

Get the H3 - starting from scratch, it makes NO sense to do otherwise.

Tell them H3 or it’s off. And when they are willing to do an H3, call you back. If you haven’t gone with someone else by then.

PS- the HWS was GREAT until they debased it with the CUI.

Yep...credit check was completed and he stated I more than qualified for anything they had to offer......I definitely won't be taking installation if it isn't the hopper 3....

I have time to get it worked out tomorrow before install.

The order was handled by corporate escalation...so I'm going to assume it was an oversight.

I doubled checked the phone call and I did state I wanted hopper 3 & 3 wireless joey's (I record all calls in/out)

This is not unusual. In fact, it's pretty regular and I've gotten in the habit of asking new customers that are scheduled to get a HWS how many shows were they told they could record and mot say 16, meaning I have to call and waste time getting it modified

Reactions: MikeD-C05

The same thing happened to me. Dish has had some shortages of Hopper3s which has resulted in them trying these tactics.. I simply called customer service and told them I didn't want service unless I could get the Hopper3, and they adjusted the order.

Presumably, this is the type of thing that causes people to recommend local dealers. I wish I had one.

If I get the hour prior call day of install, I'll be confirming hardware at that time also.....granted installer may not be able to provide info without looking at paperwork...but they'll know at that time what I expect to be installed.

Reactions: pattykay
Which is exactly what they should be using for any type of Hopper new install

Dish is being really weird about that. Other than a hopper three, any one of the other hoppers, if it’s western arc they call for hybrid with a solo hub. If it’s eastern arc they call for DPP with a solo node. Makes no sense. Most of us that are savvy just call Lynn and have it modified to hybrid on any install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)