New setup, 3 HDTVs, 2 w/ DVR (for co-worker)

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
My co-worker is moving and wants to re-configure his Dish Network setup. He actually uses Time Warner for regular TV but does have Dish for some international programming.

He has (3) HDTVs. He wants the minimal number of receivers. He wants DVR service on (2) of the TVs.

DishBuilder (?) wants to give him (2) 612s and (1) 211.

When he called, the rep told him (1) receiver. I told him I didn't think that was possible. I said with the 922 and a 2nd receiver, he could though (I think). First rep told him $200 for the 922 but the 2nd rep said no add'l charge.

His installation is set for this Saturday. What's the tech going to show up, if one were to guess ?

Sounds like anything would be just a guess. Main thing, is for your friend to make sure that he gets exactly what he is asking for and that it is demonstrated as such before the tech leaves and that he is informed and gets in writing the exact charges. If this criteria is not met, send the installer packing and don't sign anything. Once he signs he's stuck. Bad situation when nothing concrete has been decided before install and a bad way to do business.

If he wants HD on all 3 tvs he will need 3 HD recs.

I am pretty sure there is still an upgrade fee for a 922.

If he already has an install scheduled, he can call cust serv and see what equip is on the workorder.

Sounds like anything would be just a guess.
I understand and agree. I just didn't know if there were something I wasn't aware of (or if a Dish employee or tech could comment).
Main thing, is for your friend to make sure that he gets exactly what he is asking for and that it is demonstrated as such before the tech leaves and that he is informed and gets in writing the exact charges. If this criteria is not met, send the installer packing and don't sign anything. Once he signs he's stuck.
No worries there. When the tech steps out of his/her truck/van, he'll be asked. :)

My co-worker rec'd an e-mail regarding his upcoming installation appointment. It says they're supplying (1) HD DUO (622/722) and (1) HD ? (211/411). Not sure what he's going to do... I realize the phone rep was probably trying to save him $$$ and maybe thought he wouldn't realize it's not HD on the TV2 output of the DUO receiver...

Since his install isn't until Saturday he still has time to have the work order modified. Have him call back into Dish and state that he looked at the email and realized the receivers provided would not give him the functionality he wants. Have him tell the CSR that he needs HD on all three TVs and DVR on two TVs. So what he'll want are a pair of HD Solo DVRs and one HD Solo standard unit, that'll meet his needs.

The 922 will only give hd picture on one tv the second part of the receiver for tv 2 is used only for computer or I phone. IF you want hd picture of each tv then 3 211s would would with 3 ehd but you must pay the $40 upfront but keep in mind it will only receive a sat feed. 3 612s will give hd on each tv and allow a separate recording on the tv2 feed. 211 cost 7 each 612 are $10 each any 622 722 722k are 17 each same as the 922 but the 922 dvr fee is 10 v.s $6 for the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)