New shows on EBRU TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is Ayna still on? I liked that travel show because they went to places other shows wouldn't. How many times can you watch some PBS guy visit Rome or Paris? BORING!

Why is the schedule on their website half empty?

I think the last time I watched Ayna was about 3 weeks ago, and yep you´re right, I noted their programming schedule is not updated, I think some of the current shows are not even mentioned in their website.

I have found the following programming schedules are more reliable than the one in Ebru´s website:

http://www.locatetv.com/listings/ebru-tv

http://ftalistings.com/index.php

Update:

I see Anya listed for Tuesday @ 9 : 30 PM

Last edited:
EBRU has some very good programming, watch it on DISH often.

EBRU has some very good programming, watch it on DISH often.

I can’t find it on Dish. I saw that it’s supposed to be carried on there but I have no idea where. I have AT250 with HD and I have dishes on 110/119/129..

Another question. I found EBRU on Titan but it seems their info is extremely wrong. It’s not even remotely close. It’s not a matter of time zones, it’s just flat out totally wrong.

Any remedy for this?

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-16 at 2.19.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-16 at 2.19.40 AM.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Another question. I found EBRU on Titan but it seems their info is extremely wrong. It’s not even remotely close. It’s not a matter of time zones, it’s just flat out totally wrong.

Any remedy for this?

Thanks! :)

I found the schedule on Locate tv very accurate, actually I see that it shows the right show right now, while the EPG on 97w is showing a different show than the one actually on the air. ;)

Last edited:
By the way the letdown with series like Hustle is that an original episode is 57-59 minutes as it´s broadcasted in the UK (BBC), but here in EBRU it´s chopped down to allow time for commercials.
Case in point, today´s episode Tiger Trouble (S6E3) is originally 59 minutes long, but it was shown with about 10 minutes for commercials.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1582299/

Spooks is the same way. It will be cut down to fit commercials into the 60min time period. Robin Hood and Doctor Who were both 43 min shows, so there shouldn't be any cuts except in the Special Xmas episodes of Doctor Who which were usually 60 to 75 mins long

sadly most networks butcher the shows to fit more commercials. Especiallly the old shows where a 1/2h of tv had 5 minutes of commercials(now its closer to 10) Better than nothing I suppose.

Maybe they could speed up the playback. I watch a lot of stuff through VLC at 1.2x and you can't really tell the difference unless there's music

Spooks is the same way. It will be cut down to fit commercials into the 60min time period. Robin Hood and Doctor Who were both 43 min shows, so there shouldn't be any cuts except in the Special Xmas episodes of Doctor Who which were usually 60 to 75 mins long

Sounds like what TVLand does. They cut shows up because 12 minutes is not enough time to show all the commercials they want to show...

sadly most networks butcher the shows to fit more commercials. Especiallly the old shows where a 1/2h of tv had 5 minutes of commercials(now its closer to 10) Better than nothing I suppose.

Maybe they could speed up the playback. I watch a lot of stuff through VLC at 1.2x and you can't really tell the difference unless there's music

Yep, or sacrifice the end credits, on the Hustle episode I mentioned in EBRU, I noticed they cut the opening intro, plus obviously some scenes were cut but then to my surprise they ran the full end credits.

As you mention, older shows in a 30 minute timeslot were 25 mins for show and 5 for commercials, from the classic 50´s shows like I Love Lucy,

Even shows in the the 80´s, I was watching the other day Three´s Company and I immediately realize (remembered) they had about a 1 minute intro, and in total it was 25 mins. of actual show.

Nowadays most shows don´t "waste" time in an intro, (exceptions like Hawaii Five-O), show starts basically right away, cast names running at the same time, and a show in a 30 minute timeslot is now about 21 minutes (21:39 for a current show I checked).

If the Globecast rumors are true, it may be good-bye to Ebru TV come Jan. 1.

OH COME ON NOW!!!! :wtf: REALLY?????

Why???????

Are they going to just encrypt it? What a pant load!

EVERYTIME I just stumble onto something they do this!
They either encrypt it or just kill it completely!

:mad:

I think the rumor is they are talking about going to internet-delivery and killing off some/all of the globecast feeds on 97w. There's a thread on it in the main fta area.

As if I ever watch it -- oh, I guess I do -- if / when they go internet, they will lose me. Not that I do not want internet, but all the internet providers demand commercial power, including Hugues net. And one of those big satellite internet companies is unwanted in this area because they put big lights in their dishes - and we have a rather famous observatory here that does not like light pollution! OK - back to topic!

Is Ayna still on? I liked that travel show because they went to places other shows wouldn't. How many times can you watch some PBS guy visit Rome or Paris? BORING!

Why is the schedule on their website half empty?

Ayna is on right now 9:30 PM and guess what the guy is visiting Rome :D

Ebru aired Hustle´s last episode last week, but the show it´s still scheduled for this week, I guess they´ll either start again from season 1 or repeat the last season.
The week before there was a really funny episode - Gold Finger
I was LMAO, when the mark went running for his life once the real army appeared at the transaction site. :D

Is there anything else on fta tv like EBRU? Although I don't have a fta system up yet, I've looked at some of the programs and thought EBRU looked interesting. Just curious.

Is there anything else on fta tv like EBRU? Although I don't have a fta system up yet, I've looked at some of the programs and thought EBRU looked interesting. Just curious.

EBRU is a free channel on Roku, in addition to FTA. Their Roku channel is a live feed which is a bit out of the norm for Roku where most things are pre-recorded shows that you choose from a selection.
With them you just click and watch the live feed which is the same as the FTA feed.

Hope that helps.. :)

KTV2 the Kuwait Family channel is also a channel with family oriented programming in English (arabic subtitles), with series and movies. I´d also mention the cuban channels on 30w with some shows and movies in english.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts