New signal loss problem

johnpas73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Indianapolis
So for the last week or so, Ive been getting a strange thing happening with my 622 and 722. When watching a recorded program, all of a sudden the acquiring signal screen will pop up and the recording will stop showing. Its always for whatever channel one of the tuners is set to. i.e. if im watching a DVR program, and recording a movie on channel 340, the screen will say cannot acquire signal sat 129, transponder 20. If i go to point dish, i have a signal strength of almost 50-60. It has happened also if on a channel from 110 or 119.

What is going on? This is driving me mad.
Anyone else experiencing this.

I'm not experiencing that, but I am getting break ups and picture freezes, blips, burps, etc... on HD. I first found it on NBA TV HD on my newly added 61.5. I bypassed the switch, tried new cable, lnb, etc... still does it. Looked at NBA TV HD on 129 and same thing except it doesn't freeze, just breaks up. Then this morning I'm watching The Burbs on Cinemax HD and it's doing the same damn thing. Signal is in the 70s. Tried new cable, tried new LNB. Does it on both my 622 and 722. Sometimes the picture will break into six equal sections and the audio sounds like you're running a stick along a picket fence. All quick like, happens very fast.

I don't get it!

I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or what, but the dozen or so times that has happened to me I hit the swap button and the 2nd tuner was always tuned to an OTA channel that was having reception problems...I then changed the OTA channel to a satellite channel and the problem would disappear.

I have two 622's with pretty good OTA reception and the same thing happens on both 622's on occasion.

Like I say, I don’t know why, but hitting the swap button and changing the 2nd tuner always seems to work.

I just had a similar problem.

Watching a sat ch on Tuner 1 and recording OTA at the same time. Loss of signal on the OTA recording (a Timer event) was coincidental of losing signal on the sat ch as well.

Seems like a software bug.

EDIT: vip622 HD DVR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)