New SimCity

I could care less about the DRM. I am buying it anyways. :)

Same, turns out my internet connection at home has been 'always on' for about a decade at this point. They aren't taking blood.

Anyone able to find what the Mac system requirements will be?

Here ya go: http://www.simcity.com/en_US/buy/simcity

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PC

Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
Operating System:
Windows XP/Vista/7
RAM:
2GB RAM
Hard Drive:
10GB HD Space
Graphics Card:
ATI Radeon HD 2x00 or better*
nVidia 7800 or better*
Intel Series 4 integrated graphics or better*
Broadband Internet:
Minimum 256 kbps download, 64 kbps upload
*Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.

MAC

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
Operating System:
Snow Leopard 10.6.4
RAM:
4GB RAM
Hard Drive:
10GB HD Space
Graphics Card:
NVIDIA 9400M/ Intel HD3000
Broadband Internet:

RECOMMENDED SPECS PC

Processor:
Intel Core i5 or faster
Operating System:
Windows 7
RAM:
4GB RAM
Graphics Card:
nVidia GTX 275 or better, or ATI 5850 or Better

MAC

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
Operating System:
Snow Leopard 10.6.4
RAM:
4GB RAM
Hard Drive:
10GB HD Space
Graphics Card:
NVIDIA 9400M/ Intel HD3000
Broadband Internet:

I've been out of touch for a long time, when it comes to video cards. CPU & memory is all set. Just not sure about my 2007 24" iMac graphics card.
Here's what I have: ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB of GDDR3 memory .

Your card is a little bit below the mentioned 2600 pro. It's too bad you won't be able to try the beta, unless you have a windows environment available.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I haven't had a Windows machine in my household since 2005. I can wait. I'm looking to upgrade one of my Macs, but have make other purchases first.

The Beta starts soon but can't wait for this to come out looks like it's going to be fun. :)

Good luck getting in to play..

ForumRunner_20130126_162215.png

I was really excited about this game until I saw the requirement for constant internet connection. Personally, when I play a game, I want to have the ability to play it on my own by myself, isolated from anyone. Really. I am not against it having "community modes". I just want the game to give me the OPTION of not relying on anyone else playing the game at any time. I also what to be able to play the game if I lose internet for whatever reason. Last year we lost internet for three days here because of a SNAFU at roadrunner. We have various "short" outages and I never want to be locked out of a game I paid for because it can't phone home.

So I will not be one of the first on my block with this game. I'll let things shake out, and maybe wait until someone hacks the game to allow for offline play, or EA comes out with the version I would be willing to pay for.

I was really excited about this game until I saw the requirement for constant internet connection. Personally, when I play a game, I want to have the ability to play it on my own by myself, isolated from anyone. Really. I am not against it having "community modes". I just want the game to give me the OPTION of not relying on anyone else playing the game at any time. I also what to be able to play the game if I lose internet for whatever reason. Last year we lost internet for three days here because of a SNAFU at roadrunner. We have various "short" outages and I never want to be locked out of a game I paid for because it can't phone home.

So I will not be one of the first on my block with this game. I'll let things shake out, and maybe wait until someone hacks the game to allow for offline play, or EA comes out with the version I would be willing to pay for.
Apparently you are in the minority because most people here welcome obtrusive and unnecessary DRM.

Game is fun, overlays are fantastic, just wary of the map size. It's more like Sim Neighborhood in a lot of ways.

Yeah had a blast playing this will be a must buy and as far as the map sized they will be bigger I think in the beta it was limited on what you could do. I think you can also start a second city as well heck I think you can build up to as many as 16. Either can't wait for March 5 this really is a good program to play.

This has quickly become one of the most anticipated games ever for me. 4-5 friends are getting it, all going to have regions together and stuff. Have watched a lot of video and enjoyed the brief beta opportunities, very excited for Tuesday. Hopefully the inevitable server issues are brief.

This has quickly become one of the most anticipated games ever for me. 4-5 friends are getting it, all going to have regions together and stuff. Have watched a lot of video and enjoyed the brief beta opportunities, very excited for Tuesday. Hopefully the inevitable server issues are brief.

Yeah will be getting a copy later in the week or so but really looking forward to this one. I have not played a good strategy program in awhile and this one was a blast when I got a chance to try it out on the beta. Heck I'm even going to pick up the strategy guide for it as well since I have not played any of the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)