New Sirius Customer

urnote96 said:
They play the same song over and over

Other than that

I LOVE IT

That really depends on which streams you listen to. The pop/top 40 streams do have repeats, but I have found the other streams have far less, my favorite is Sirius Disorder..give it a shot

You're going to get repeats no matter what if you listen long enough... main stream music industry just demands it. It's nowhere near the repetitiveness of FM.

As a kid I would hear the same song on the radio every morning as I got on the schoolbus. There are songs to this day I'll cringe when hearing.

My boss in a previous job, listened to one station and one station only. They played the same music every 6 hours. Every month they'd change the rotation.

The local Rock station here has a favourite song... "Photograph" by some 80's hair rock band. They play it every 2 hours. Drives my crazy.

With Sirius, there's so much variety that I can switch around. I rarely listen to one station for more than 2 hours. Bounce from 80's to Buzzsaw to Octane to Symphonies to Disco to Techno to Oldies and back to Buzzsaw. Sometimes some talk and comedy.

It's well worth the $12.95 a month.

Sirius is doing some pimping for Dish on their channels now when they do station identifications. I heard last on the alternative channel, "well we are now on Dish Network channel ......, if you don't have Dish go get it now it's great!"

Yeah.. i have a feeling Dish is working with them on some future Sirius Video products they're rumored to be developing.

bcshields said:
As a kid I would hear the same song on the radio every morning as I got on the schoolbus. There are songs to this day I'll cringe when hearing.
"Skyrockets in flight....Afternoon delight!"
"We had songs, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun."
"Jeremiah was a bullfrog."
The local Rock station here has a favourite song... "Photograph" by some 80's hair rock band. They play it every 2 hours. Drives my crazy.
SOME 80's hairband? Def Leppard was THE 80's hairband!!!

dfergie said:
Did not think Def Leppard was lumped in with the hair bands :)

It wasn't crud like Motley Crue, Cinderella, or Skid Row. But, for better or worse, it all gets lumped into the big 80's pop-metal bin which is referred to as Hair Band music. It's unfortunate seeing Def Leppard, White Snake, Scorpions, etc lumped in with the crap at the top of the paragraph. But, to the simple-minded radio/record company executive, it's all the same.

For fans of 80's rock, whether you call it hair, spandex, glam, metal, hard rock, whatever, I highly suggest finding a copy of the Moscow Peace Festival video, only available on VHS, and discontinued for many years.

It's a 1989 rock concert held in COMMUNIST Soviet-era Russia, featuring:
Skid Row
Cinderella
Motley Crue
Gorky Park
Jon BonJovi
Ozzy
and Scorpions
Gorky Park

I was actually there, so maybe it seems better to me for the memories it evokes.

Oops. Wandered off-topic again, didn't I? I must remember to take my medication.

New Install without running more cable

Problem with Sony Direct view and 811

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)