New SiriusXM Channel Lineup October 18th

• FOX Business is being added at Channel 113 on satellite radios, Internet radio and compatible mobile devices with the SiriusXM app. Bloomberg Radio will move from Channel 113 to 119.
  • FOX News Talk is back! It will be available on Internet radio (Channel 450) and compatible mobile devices with the SiriusXM app.
  • FOX News remains available on Channel 114 on satellite radios and will now also be available on Internet radio and on compatible mobile devices with the SiriusXM app.
  • October 18 marks the debut of Piolín Radio, an exclusive new channel featuring Spanish radio star, Eddie "Piolín" Sotelo. Piolín Radio will be Channel 147 on satellite and Internet radio.
  • Listeners with XM radios will get three new Spanish-language channels—La Mezcla (Channel 148), Águila (Channel 151), and RadioFórmula México (Channel 156). Listeners with Sirius radios have already been enjoying these channels.
  • KIIS Los Angeles (Channel 11) and Z100 New York (Channel 12) are being added to the Sirius satellite and Internet radio lineups. Listeners with XM radios have already been enjoying these channels.
  • KIDZ BOP Radio (Channel 77) is also being added to XM packages and Internet radio.
  • Just for Laughs is replacing Dirty Dog (Channel 403) on Internet radio.
In addition, subscribers with XM radios will begin receiving 3 other new channels devoted to Spanish-language programming. These channels are:

• La Mezcla (Channel 148)
  • Águila (Channel 151)
  • RadioFórmula México (Channel 156)
Some channels will no longer be available on satellite radio or Internet radio.
XM radios will no longer carry:

• Lite FM (Channel 13)
  • WSIX (Channel 57)
  • WGCI (Channel 241)
  • Sixx Sense (Channel 242)
  • Extreme Talk (Channel 243)
  • America's Talk (Channel 244)
  • ReachMD (Channel 245)
  • Talk Radio (Channel 246)
  • Fox Sports Radio (Channel 247)
Other

• Sirius radios will no longer carry Viva (Channel 147). It will become exclusive to Internet radio.
  • On Internet radio: Just for Laughs is replacing Dirty Dog (Channel 403).

Well, that's confusing! Sirius radios will go without some channels, while XM radios will do without others? At first blush, it appears that more channels will be added than removed. If true, I expect sound quality to go down even further.

I think that the XM only drops were channels Sirius subs never got. Overall I would say that the Sirius assimilation of XM continues. Resistance is futile!

The Sirius radios can not handle the amount of channels that the XM radios can handle. The XM radios compression could be updated via satellite via the compression on Sirius was fixed and could not be changed.

Frankly, XM radio has gotten so bad that I'm considering dumping all 5 of our subscriptions in December. Same songs over and over. Sound quality poor, costs keep going up.
Problem is I do like the internet radio feature...at $40/year. I may sub to Spotify

Make no mistake about it, this is a big loss for SiriusXM if you often listen to Talk radio on there. It is mostly gone from there now. The story behind all of this is Clear Channel selling it's stock, and it's stations no longer allowed to be on Satellite. This is not a case of people not listening to those channels.

I was lucky I purchased the Lifetime Subscription which also included lifetime internet streaming...

It is rare I listen to them via Satellite Radio, but I do listen a lot using my Logitech Squeezebox via the internet streaming service.

BBC and comedy, traffic and news. Just renewed for six months for $31.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Football/Nascar on the way to or home from work...

I have my own personal music library,no need for sirius/xm music.I do like the sport talk,can't get good am reception here,so it's great for that.I do wish they would add cbs sports to their lineup though.

Well, that's confusing! Sirius radios will go without some channels, while XM radios will do without others? At first blush, it appears that more channels will be added than removed. If true, I expect sound quality to go down even further.

Can it get much worse?

The Sirius radios can not handle the amount of channels that the XM radios can handle. The XM radios compression could be updated via satellite via the compression on Sirius was fixed and could not be changed.
Can you elaborate further? I do notice a huge drop in audio quality when I went from an aftermarket Nav and XM in my previous car to the factory Nav and Sirius in my new car.

Sirius has an audible "under water" effect due to low bitrate and high compression. Every time I attempt to listen to music, I have to shut it off and go back to FM HD or SD Card. With XM, that low quality was only audible on the talk channels. On Sirius, the talk channels are even worse, rendering them virtually unlistenable due to the gurgling.

with the clear channel owned startions leaving SiriusXM, now those fans of those stations can maybe find those station on a newer and very free platform, and that is "I Heart Radio", which has an app for smart phones and tablets and normal computer users can just hop on to http://iheart.com to listen to those stations. so you will find Sixx Sense, Fox Sports Radio, WSIX, and all other clear channel owned SiriusXM stations being removed from the line up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts