New SiriusXM Channel Lineup October 18th

I don't like the NHL channel being moved from 92 to 211 on XM, even though it will be next to the live games. By moving it away from the other sports channels, it seems like they're treating it like the proverbial red-headed step child.

Depends on what channels you listened to on XM before, some had DJ's while others did not.

I miss the old XM, it is when satellite radio was GREAT.

I also miss "IT" and only old time XM Fans will know what I mean by "IT."

Kind of funny they are keeping NYC and LA stations from clear channel, but a channel like Sixx Sense, which is only available via iHeartRadio app is taken away. Of course it's one I listen to and is why I'm annoyed by the decision. There's just enough Pop music outlets out there and yet keep those stations and dump the rest.

Depends on what channels you listened to on XM before, some had DJ's while others did not.

I miss the old XM, it is when satellite radio was GREAT.

I also miss "IT" and only old time XM Fans will know what I mean by "IT."

I have had XM since it started and I don't remember what "IT" is?

XM has always had DJ's on many of the music channels.
XM hasn't been XM for years. Before Sirius acquired them, there was no babble, at least not on the channels I listened to. If there were DJ's, they simply announced what songs we just heard, or were about to hear, if that. Very low key. Very minimal.

I remember when Dish added Sirius music channels. I had XM in my car at the time. I was shocked at the amount of blather, not to mention the promos and annoying station ID's of Sirius, and was glad I had XM in my car.

When Sirius acquired XM, that all changed. XM got the Sirius high-blather format, and Sirius got some of the XM channel names. I wish it were the opposite.

For those wondering "IT" was a special event done once a year, where they played every song that charted in the top 40 starting from the 1920's and all the way up through the end of 1999. The songs were played in the order they were released and it lasted a few weeks.

You heard lots of songs you forgot about. It was great radio! And it was only on XM.

IT was great. Didn't it have a different name like the Monster when it first started? I seem to remember one of the big radio cos. claiming trademark infringement.

For those wondering "IT" was a special event done once a year, where they played every song that charted in the top 40 starting from the 1920's and all the way up through the end of 1999. The songs were played in the order they were released and it lasted a few weeks.

You heard lots of songs you forgot about. It was great radio! And it was only on XM.

Oooooh, I remember IT... those were the XM hey days... I think I am in my 12 year of XM subscribership and I always preferred XM programming.. Now, I have to admit that I prefer no DJs or minimal DJ activity but remember the XM decades channels' DJs? I absolutely loved them... 70s had Sari, 80s had Heidi Salexa, 90s and Kane and.. omg I can't remember her radio name.. was it Girl 2.0?, I only know her real name. Haha ... There were other DJs and other channels with DJs and I didn't mind them. They made it more entertaining and were very interactive with the listeners. Nowadays, I really only listen to a few channels. It lost a lot of character with the merger.

I wish that they would find a way to consolidate the database. I have 3 XM accounts and 1 Sirius account (car) and they can't consolidate the account so I have two separate accounts. The Sirius account should really be an "additional" radio but I have to pay the initial radio fee instead because of this. I guess it doesn't matter so much since I'll probably get rid of that one soon.

Anyway Scott, I remember you on the original XM fan forum... :) I went by a different name then. lol

Yup I remember all of them. Girl 2.0 was Michelle.

I remember one day it was my birthday and I got a call from Bruce Kelly telling me we were live on the 80's on 8. And I was on the air for over an hour playing DJ as I was driving down the highway. That was a fun time!

They have finlly consilidated accounts a few months ago so you can have XM and SIRIUS radios on the same account and take advantage of the family plan pricing.

I now pay SiriusXM nothing for my service, I got in at the right time on the lifetime plan. :)

I hope XM gets sold off. Sirius has terrible management

They would be setting upa competing service. I just don't see that happening. but I agree that it isa shame that the XM approach is pretty much dead.

They had top 40 charts in the 20's and you remember the songs? :)

They would be setting upa competing service. I just don't see that happening. but I agree that it isa shame that the XM approach is pretty much dead.
You can see how they push the streaming service. Once I switch to unlimited data with a new provider when my VZN contract is up, I'll probably switch from a sat sub to an internet sub, just for the increased audio quality, as my phone connects to my car stereo. Or, maybe drop SXM altogether, and live with Pandora and Google Music. I'd miss the talk, news, and comedy channels a little, tho. Plus, it isn't as convenient as using the factory tuner directly.

I don't like the NHL channel being moved from 92 to 211 on XM, even though it will be next to the live games. By moving it away from the other sports channels, it seems like they're treating it like the proverbial red-headed step child.

I agree here, and I'm not sure if that is moving on all XM or just on the app. Their notes are very confusing.

Makes no sense to move NHL out of the 90s, hell even golf has a channel. My car radio only has six presets so I use 89 and cycle around from 84 to 92 depending on what sports I want to hear, the rest is music. This would be an ugly change.

XM hasn't been XM for years. Before Sirius acquired them, there was no babble, at least not on the channels I listened to. If there were DJ's, they simply announced what songs we just heard, or were about to hear, if that. Very low key. Very minimal.

I remember when Dish added Sirius music channels. I had XM in my car at the time. I was shocked at the amount of blather, not to mention the promos and annoying station ID's of Sirius, and was glad I had XM in my car.

When Sirius acquired XM, that all changed. XM got the Sirius high-blather format, and Sirius got some of the XM channel names. I wish it were the opposite.

I have had XM just about since their beginning and through the merger. They have always had DJ's on many of the music channels, including (but not only) all the decade channels (50's, 60's 70's 80's 90's), at least two of the Country channels (Highway 16 and Willie Nelson) maybe more, and the Soul channel. (originally Mowtown channel) In addition 20 on 20 had DJ's at times as did the Frank Sinatra channel, though that one was more rare. Deep tracks had DJ's at certain times, as did some of the now defunct channels like Ethel.

Here's just one of many threads about it, way back in 2003, 10 1/2 years ago.
http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=2259

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)