New SiriusXM Channel Lineup October 18th

I have had XM just about since their beginning and through the merger. They have always had DJ's on many of the music channels, including (but not only) all the decade channels (50's, 60's 70's 80's 90's), at least two of the Country channels (Highway 16 and Willie Nelson) maybe more, and the Soul channel. (originally Mowtown channel) In addition 20 on 20 had DJ's at times as did the Frank Sinatra channel, though that one was more rare. Deep tracks had DJ's at certain times, as did some of the now defunct channels like Ethel.

Here's just one of many threads about it, way back in 2003, 10 1/2 years ago.
http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=2259
Not a single XM station that I listened to had DJs. No DJs on Top Tracks, Big Tracks, Deep Tracks, or Boneyard. It was not until the merged with Sirius and became Classic Vinyl, Classic Rewind, and Ozzy' Boneyard did those above stations start to feature DJs. In addition their music library became much less.

Not a single XM station that I listened to had DJs. No DJs on Top Tracks, Big Tracks, Deep Tracks, or Boneyard. It was not until the merged with Sirius and became Classic Vinyl, Classic Rewind, and Ozzy' Boneyard did those above stations start to feature DJs. In addition their music library became much less.
Those were basically the stations I listened to on XM, as well.

I agree here, and I'm not sure if that is moving on all XM or just on the app. Their notes are very confusing.

Makes no sense to move NHL out of the 90s, hell even golf has a channel. My car radio only has six presets so I use 89 and cycle around from 84 to 92 depending on what sports I want to hear, the rest is music. This would be an ugly change.

No, they were running bumpers today stating that the channel moves to 211 on Friday. I think on most radios the presets will follow the channel, so after the update hopefully when I press "2" it will be the NHL Network. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I think it's a garbage move, and typical of how they run things now. If it wasn't for Howard, the NHL, and Pearl Jam, I'd dump my subscription.

So went to work this morning and forgot about the update had the radio tuned to Extreme Talk when I turned off the car yesterday. So got in and started the car up and was greeted by a message that the channel was no longer on XM. What was strange on my XM Lynx receiver is it was still listing the shows being on in the now playing area.

All the channels have logos on my radio except for the new Kidz Bop channel, however on the internet side the Kidz Bop Channel does have a logo.

More details on what IT was.... It started on the 40's channel and played every song that charted above a certain point that decade (I think it was mostly top 40). When they got to 12/31/49, the 50s on 5 channel took over and continued until it went through the other decades channels (speaking of which, we should be getting a 00's channel soon shouldn't we?). I especially loved when they hit the period from my high school and college years... My main problem was losing a year in the middle of the night while they played great tracks at 3:30 am that I couldn't hear....

I never realized how many people listen to wsix out of Nashville (country radio). Seems like there are lots of posts and even a facebook page dedicated to bring it back. Lots of people are cancelling because of it too.

Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind was around long before the merger.

Make no mistake about it, this is a big loss for SiriusXM if you often listen to Talk radio on there. It is mostly gone from there now. The story behind all of this is Clear Channel selling it's stock, and it's stations no longer allowed to be on Satellite. This is not a case of people not listening to those channels.

There has to be a lot/many who only listen to talk radio. Canceling channel 246 is a big disappointment.
Can't understand how SiriusXM did away with channel 246 as there was advertising on that channel.
Was the cancellation about money or something else?

There has to be a lot/many who only listen to talk radio. Canceling channel 246 is a big disappointment.
Can't understand how SiriusXM did away with channel 246 as there was advertising on that channel.

Those stations were run by Clear Channel who essentially rented the space from XM to air those channels. Any money made by commercials went to Clear Channel not XM.

Clear Channel decided it no longer wanted to rent all that channel space from XM and that's why all the Clear Channel owned and operated stations (except Kiss FM and Z100) were removed from the lineup.

Ultimately it was Clear Channels doing yet XM is taking all the heat for the removals.

All the removed stations are now available on iheartradio which is am online streaming service owned by Clear Channel.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I never realized how many people listen to wsix out of Nashville (country radio). Seems like there are lots of posts and even a facebook page dedicated to bring it back. Lots of people are cancelling because of it too.

It's because Clear Channel sold their shares off and no longer have a stake in Satellite as Scott posted while I was typing. Therefore they are now complete competitors. Clear Channel does not want their product on something other than terrestrial channels, or streaming that they control. These changes for the most part are not in the control of SiriusXM. As I originally posted this is a big loss.
Problem with Iheart is using it in the car. I can't imagine my data bill (there is no unlimited with our service) and there are times where the signal isn't good when you travel.

Last edited:
A little off topic, but has anyone heard if the Live MLB games will continue to be a part of Sirius next year and in the future ?

I came close to cancelling service last year till I heard about the MLB package being available on Sirius.

Those stations were run by Clear Channel who essentially rented the space from XM to air those channels. Any money made by commercials went to Clear Channel not XM.

Leads me to believe that this was all - over money.
Sirius/XM didn't agree to the "rent". That's my guess.
Money.

One of the two parties appears to be too greedy and no agreement was reached.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts