New SiriusXM Channel Lineup October 18th

I got it.

Dave Ramsey can be obtained on iHeart - internet only. Recorded shows only.

Leo Laporte can be obtained on TwitTV - internet only.

"Several satellite radio channels operated by Clear Channel will soon disappear from Sirius XM after the broadcaster sold its stake in the company.

According to documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 1, Clear Channel sold its shares of Sirius XM for $135.5 million last quarter.
Clear Channel and Sirius XM declined to comment on the sale.

Clear Channel made a $83.1 million investment in XM Satellite Radio in 1999, which gave the company partial control of XM’s satellite bandwidth. Clear Channel used its bandwidth to program commercially-supported radio stations when XM launched in 2001.

Clear Channel continued to operate stations on the XM service when XM merged with Sirius in 2008. Clear Channel stations were never offered on the Sirius platform, and the company decided to stop programming satellite-specific channels in 2011, opting to simulcast several over-the-air stations instead.
Clear Channel’s sale of its shares of Sirius XM brings in a $52.4 million return on investment over 14 years.

Several stations programmed by Clear Channel are expected to be removed from the XM platform soon, according to reports. XM customers will no longer be able to hear simulcasts of WLTW New York, WSIX Nashville and WGCI Chicago. Customers will also lose Sixx Sense, FOX Sports Radio, Talk Radio and Extreme Talk, which will result in the removal of Glenn Beck and Dave Ramsay’s radio shows from the satellite service. XM is expected to continue simulcasts of WHTZ New York and KIIS Los Angeles, though it’s unclear how long those will continue to be available.

It is also unclear if Sirius XM will use the relinquished bandwidth to increase the bitrate of existing channels to give existing channels better audio quality, or if Sirius XM will launch new channels.

Most of the stations expected to be removed from the XM platform can be heard nationally on Clear Channel’s streaming radio service iHeartRadio."

LINK

A little off topic, but has anyone heard if the Live MLB games will continue to be a part of Sirius next year and in the future ?

I came close to cancelling service last year till I heard about the MLB package being available on Sirius.
Yes, SiriusXM signed a new six-year deal this year with MLB which is why we're finally hearing MLB games on the Sirius side (old contract reportedly didn't allow it even after the merger).
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sirius-xm-radio-extends-baseball-608915

I never realized how many people listen to wsix out of Nashville (country radio). Seems like there are lots of posts and even a facebook page dedicated to bring it back. Lots of people are cancelling because of it too.

I did.

Bad quality? Been a listener for years and never had a problem. Nothing better than driving down the road and never loosing the station you are listening to. 60's on 6 and down the road. Or some light Jazz.....
Meow

If you have a Hopper then check channel 99 for the SiriusXM channels, as they do not appears on the 6000's like they do on older receivers.

Make sure you have all channels guide up as they don't show on the HD Channel guide. Or you could just hit 099-01 and it will go to the first channel and you can channel up from there.

If you have a Hopper then check channel 99 for the SiriusXM channels, as they do not appears on the 6000's like they do on older receivers.

Why oh why did Dish Balkanize their receivers like this? They might have just collapsed the radio channels onto 6000, rather than 99. Or am I missing something here?

That WOULD seem to have been the better choice. But maybe they think 99 will attract more traffic.

Why oh why did Dish Balkanize their receivers like this? They might have just collapsed the radio channels onto 6000, rather than 99. Or am I missing something here?
No you are not. DISH missed something there.

It's the same with all of the collapsible channel nonsense. People have to remember new channels numbers when upgrading to the Hopper.

And, the one group of channels that really needs to be able to collapse, the PPV's in the 500 range, will never be collapsed.

The least they could do is allow this annoying "feature" to be disabled.

Bad quality? Been a listener for years and never had a problem. Nothing better than driving down the road and never loosing the station you are listening to. 60's on 6 and down the road. Or some light Jazz.....
Meow
Yes. Bad audio quality. (I don't think anybody has complained about reception quality, which appears to be what you are referring to.) Sirius HW appears to be worse in that regard than XM for some reason that Scott hasn't fully explained.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts