New Skyway user

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tboy

Original poster
May 28, 2009
ky. or texas
Hi guys! Noob here.
I just setup a Skyway system at my Ky. home.
Horror stories aside;
1. ordered at~10:00 am, at my door before noon the next day.
2. typical Winegard setup for dish and mount.
3. kit was complete, all I needed to provide was another ground rod for the POE.
4. setup outdoor +/- 45 minutes. I had signal from initial settings, just did a quick azimuth tweak and I was set.
5. modem/wifi router setup for 1 pc and 3 laptops about 40 minutes.

Service after 2 days? I'm happy, the best dialup I ever got was 24k. For browsing, email and small downloads it will be OK.

It may fall on it's face but it works well now.

YMMV:D

I ordered Skyway on Aug 14. Did self installation and have not been able to lock to satellite. Found tech support lacking, and not successful in trying to get refund. Can anyone help?

Too bad, we probably could have helped you with the other one. But you make a refund appeal to the self-appointed SkyWay ambassador. Try this number: (800) 761.9149 and ask for Thomas

//greg//

To jump on the DVB-S2 bandwagon, they've begun shifting to what they're calling their SW20 modem. So the likelihood of finding used SW20s might be pretty slim for a while. This is important, because their old DVB-S modems will not be compatible with new DVB-S2 gateways. DVB-S2 modems are backwards compatible, but DVB-S modems are not forward compatible. The rest of their hardware is pretty much generic Ku-band stuff, hardly worth scrounging for. Matter of fact, one of their "reps" (foolishly I thought) made a point here that their LNB only costs $10.

//greg//

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts