New smaller dish coming soon?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cdw63

Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
The D* installer came to my fathers house today to do a new install of a 5 LNB dish and an HD DVR, after he checked several locations he decided that the only place to put the dish was in the front yard, which my Dad wouldn't even consider. The installer said that he could not see 2 of the sats(the ones lower on the horizon) from the side of the house but he did say that later this year that all the channels would be moved from these 2 sats and then the dish would probably work OK in the location beside the house.

While we were talking, a second (more senior?) D* installer arrived and basically confirmed what the first guy had said (they were both from MASTEC I think) and he claimed that sometime in February they will start installing a smaller dish for HD because it will only need to "see" 3 sats. So he suggested maybe we could check back in a month or so.

I've searched here in the forums and I can't seem to find any information about this. Has anyone else heard of this? Does it have anything to do with D11?

Thanks in advance!

They will be moving the HD from 110 and 119 at some point, probably later this year. I wouldn't expect it before D11 is operational (although it may not all happen at the same time).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts