New Smartcard Poll (Feb)

Have you received your new smartcard(s)?

• Yes

Votes: 145 72.1%
  • Not yet

Votes: 49 24.4%
  • Receiver already has the new card built in

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a 622 and I didn't even have a card until the new one arrived. What do they do?

WAHOO!!! I finally got my new smart card today for my 622. Tossed in in and precisely 7 minutes later, everything back to normal. For a while, I was wondering if Dish forgot about me.

Big bad luck with my smart card. I called in January when a station I pay extra for had a message that said I would not longer be able to view it after Feb 11, 2009 unless I installed a new smart card. I called the number and the nice lady Mary transfered me to a ringing phone that disconnected after a few rings. I called back and the young man Bill told me it was in the mail.

On Feb 12, I called after I hadn't received the card and could no longer view the station I was paying for...the man John told me it takes 6 weeks to send out the card and 2 weeks more for delivery. But he did transfer me to Fred, who by the way did not have an Indian accent to his spoken English. Fred arranged to send a smart card to me right away.

When I got on-line to pay my Feb 2009 bill I saw I owed an extra $53.41 so I called DishNetwork and Mary got me again! She told me I had to pay $49 plus taxes for a duplicate smart card. I wonder if they will be duplicating the card that is currently not working.

So I feel the need to vent a little anger. I pay $89 a month and have my DVR plugged into the phone line. Part of my bill includes the DHPP fee. How hard can it be to search the damn database to see which customers are affected by channel outages when the current smart card will no longer work. Especially for suckers like me who pay 5.99 per month for DHPP ! Send the cards to the subscribers who are affected by planned channel outages first !

Channel 998 is up/running on my humble Dish 322 receiver this evening, so I'm assuming that a new smart card should be arriving within a few days.

I have never got a smart card. I have a vip622 and a 322. What channels am I missing? I bet I never get the cards, because I bundle with ATT?

I have never got a smart card. I have a vip622 and a 322. What channels am I missing? I bet I never get the cards, because I bundle with ATT?

every customer will eventually have to get a new card no matter what bundled with at&t or not.
Eventually the new security will be implemented on all channels and everyone will have a new card.

The smart card for my Dish 322 receiver was in the mailbox today. Some posters in this thread seemed interested in the type of programming being received by those who had gotten new cards to date. My programming package is very basic...Dish Family and the Starz/Encore movie package.

Honestly, this is the first time in 11 years of being a DBS subscriber that I've had to replace a smart card. I had Dish originally, and dropped it/went with DirecTV 10 months later. I had three receivers during the time with DirecTV, and always ended up with the latest smart card so no replacement was ever necessary.

I

Big bad luck with my smart card. I called in January when a station I pay extra for had a message that said I would not longer be able to view it after Feb 11, 2009 unless I installed a new smart card. I called the number and the nice lady Mary transfered me to a ringing phone that disconnected after a few rings. I called back and the young man Bill told me it was in the mail.

On Feb 12, I called after I hadn't received the card and could no longer view the station I was paying for...the man John told me it takes 6 weeks to send out the card and 2 weeks more for delivery. But he did transfer me to Fred, who by the way did not have an Indian accent to his spoken English. Fred arranged to send a smart card to me right away.

When I got on-line to pay my Feb 2009 bill I saw I owed an extra $53.41 so I called DishNetwork and Mary got me again! She told me I had to pay $49 plus taxes for a duplicate smart card. I wonder if they will be duplicating the card that is currently not working.

So I feel the need to vent a little anger. I pay $89 a month and have my DVR plugged into the phone line. Part of my bill includes the DHPP fee. How hard can it be to search the damn database to see which customers are affected by channel outages when the current smart card will no longer work. Especially for suckers like me who pay 5.99 per month for DHPP ! Send the cards to the subscribers who are affected by planned channel outages first !

e maiul ceo@echostar.com for multiple credits on your bill. be nice and they will treat you well tell them you post here.

we have had our cards a long time now AEP with locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)