New Smartcard Poll (Feb)

Have you received your new smartcard(s)?

• Yes

Votes: 145 72.1%
  • Not yet

Votes: 49 24.4%
  • Receiver already has the new card built in

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
So, here it is February and no sign of a smartcard for my single 622.

I wonder how many more go new smartcards since the last poll in December.

Dish may not be in a hurry to distribute the new smart cards since they're not currently needed unless you're on the EA. When they replaced my 1000.2 with a 1000.4 I received the smart card the same day the installation was scheduled. I had to activate the smart card before I could get anything off the 72.7° satellite.

Well, the last poll was 66%-34%, so either Dish isn't making much progress these days, or this poll isn't too scientific. I think it's a combination of both.

Dish may not be in a hurry to distribute the new smart cards since they're not currently needed unless you're on the EA.

Some of my internationals outside of the EA @ 118 and 148 had a 1/21 conversion date smartcard message last month and other international language subs have reported a 2/11 date message. I was sent a new card via fedex overnight after receiving the 1/21 pop up message.

Last edited:
We should examine what do we each subscribe to as an indicator. I have Top250 and HD platinum, and have the new cards. We already know certain Internationals have already been converted, maybe the next group is either the 250, or the HD platinum subs.

Well, the last poll was 66%-34%, so either Dish isn't making much progress these days, or this poll isn't too scientific. I think it's a combination of both.

The correlation is fairly good. Something like 9 percent up in 6 weeks or so.

And. if I can remember statistics correctly, the current sample should be large enough to provide a reasonable accurate estimate -75% complete, but may be reporting low since the cardless receiver sample is low.

The correlation is fairly good. Something like 9 percent up in 6 weeks or so.

And. if I can remember statistics correctly, the current sample should be large enough to provide a reasonable accurate estimate -75% complete, but may be reporting low since the cardless receiver sample is low.

Results were a little more askew when I posted that.

I received my new cards back in OCT 08
I have Dish Dvr advantage Superstations, and HD Silver I believe
301, 211, 722 and a 622

All except the 722 got a new card, the 722 already had the new one in it.

I got a message about a month ago on phone saying new cards on the way. Got a message last week saying cards had been mailed and should be receiving them soon. Yesterday got a nag message on my 510 saying I would be losing programming soon if I didn't replace the smart card. So I called the number on the screen and the CSR I spoke with said they would mail out new cards and I should get them in a week. I asked what date the cards were mailed and she couldn't tell me, just sending new cards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts