New Software Coming Tonight

1. The flow to activate the Google Voice Assistant will automatically be launched whenever the microphone button is pressed.
  2. Hand the remote to the customer, DO NOT accept the terms and conditions on the customer’s behalf
  3. Have the customer select “Activate Your Google Assistant

4. 54b.png

1. Have the customer select “I understand”
    54c.png

1. Have the customer select “Allow
    54d.png

1. Google account pairing instructions
    1. Help the customer download the Google Assistant application if they do not have it already
    2. Help the customer open the Google Assistant app on their mobile
      1. Have the customer say “set up my Assistant device”
    3. If the customer does not have the assistant app installed have them navigate to g.co/assistant/setup
    54e.png

I don't use the voice portion of the remote now, I REALLY won't use it if it is connected to Google. Have no use for their products as they try to monetize me. Thanks but no thanks.

Reactions: chiodo
There is sort of a browser built in, cannot get it to a URL though but I asked "What's the weather" and it brought up a 5 day forecast (via google, not dish app) and there is a link to weather.com. Just click on that for the website. Also I tried "Website" and it showed a link on the right side to websitetooltester.com (via Wikipedia). You can say some things like "Web search" and it brings you to a Wikipedia answer which has a link on the right for classzone.com but also has a description and a "more at Wikipedia" link under the description. No way to click actual links or input anything on the web pages though.