New Software Coming Tonight

My two cents on the voice remote. I'd probably not use it for normal linear TV viewing, but I think it would be quite useful in picking out a title from the 80,000 on demand titles, instead of typing in a search or scrolling thru multiple pages of "listings". Yeah, I used the word "listings." Tilings? Blockings?

I have 2 Hopper3 receivers both updated to U539. When you hit DVR the top row has PrimeTime Anytime, On Demand, Other Devices.
The Other Devices box has the following selections:
Hopper3 Living Room
External Hard Drive 1
External Hard Drive 2
Family Room Hopper3

Are you sure that both of your Hopper3 receivers upgraded to the new software?

When you select “Whole Home” on the Diagnostics page are all of your devices listed and linked?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Checked neighbor's H3 which had not updated as of this afternoon & manual update still showed nothing new, so maybe tonight - seems like updates are usually Tues or Thurs?

I've been trying to activate the Assistant on my Hopper 3 and Joey 3 since last night. I get the Activate Your Google Assistant selected in red. I press select and it goes away then after about 20 seconds back to what I am viewing. I have swapped the wifi ssds to make sure that it's not that, I know it can access the internet as we viewed YouTube on it afterwards.

I don't know what I could be doing wrong as I cannot get past the activate screen. I also have tried to just activate the Google Assistant device control through the main menu but even that just sits on a spinning logo for the activation code. I did have it enabled previously but removed it from the account as a troubleshooting measure when I couldn't get the voice link working.

Anybody have any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Argh! Got home from vacation, looks like I've got the update, but my "Other Devices" to get to my EHD is gone.

EDIT: I've got 538, July 25 update - did a Hopper reboot and EHD is back. Hopefully I'm not back to my EHD disappearing every day the way it did before I had my H3 replaced.

Argh! Got home from vacation, looks like I've got the update, but my "Other Devices" to get to my EHD is gone.

EDIT: I've got 538, July 25 update - did a Hopper reboot and EHD is back. Hopefully I'm not back to my EHD disappearing every day the way it did before I had my H3 replaced.

Newest update is 539

My other devices has been disappearing for the past 6 months. Trying to force the update to 539 just results in same 538. Hoping 539 fixes the disappearing ehd issue! Google Assistant would be nice, but the ehd issue is a real pain! Almost frustrated enough to switch to YouTube TV, since I can't access ehd's, the only reason I'm sticking with Dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My other devices has been disappearing for the past 6 months. Trying to force the update to 539 just results in same 538. Hoping 539 fixes the disappearing ehd issue! Google Assistant would be nice, but the ehd issue is a real pain! Almost frustrated enough to switch to YouTube TV, since I can't access ehd's, the only reason I'm sticking with Dish.
It probably won't. A lot of techs are reporting the lost tile for other devices on 539

Reactions: charlesrshell
Be sure and let me know when this is fixed. When and if.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Since 539 I get all 3 EHDs to load on my H3. However, many of the programs cannot be accessed when I select them. Each time I reboot the EHDs I get a different set of programs that cannot be accessed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts