New Software Coming -x21

I believe the 222 and 322 updates are to prepare for the launch of the hopper plus it adds the download android software button in tools. It also adds support for the nest battery cams and doorbell.
Thanks for pointing that out. (It is in the Technician Settings section.) I tried it, and apparently you can download the Joey 4 software even without a Hopper+ attached. Here is what I got on my Hopper 3:
0808102038-00.jpg

I wonder if the software version used by each Joey depends on which model Hopper it is connected to. In other words, are the "11" versions for Joey 4's that are connected to Hopper 2's? Either that, or perhaps each of these Joeys can also be used without a Hopper+ in the system at all. So, the software version being used depends on whether or not a Hopper+ is detected.

As for the Hopper software versions, I wonder if that will be the pattern going forward: models that are compatible with Hopper+ will have a version number that is one higher than the other Hopper, Joey, and Wally version numbers. (22 vs. 21 in this case.)

Thanks for pointing that out. (It is in the Technician Settings section.) I tried it, and apparently you can download the Joey 4 software even without a Hopper+ attached. Here is what I got on my Hopper 3:
View attachment 158015
I wonder if the software version used by each Joey depends on which model Hopper it is connected to. In other words, are the "11" versions for Joey 4's that are connected to Hopper 2's? Either that, or perhaps each of these Joeys can also be used without a Hopper+ in the system at all. So, the software version being used depends on whether or not a Hopper+ is detected.

As for the Hopper software versions, I wonder if that will be the pattern going forward: models that are compatible with Hopper+ will have a version number that is one higher than the other Hopper, Joey, and Wally version numbers. (22 vs. 21 in this case.)
The android boxes get a base DISH software, that starts with a P, however there is other software that is downloaded via Android, so there are many times your android devices will get software updates however the DISH software version may not change.

I will show this off more when I can. :)

The android boxes get a base DISH software, that starts with a P, however there is other software that is downloaded via Android, so there are many times your android devices will get software updates however the DISH software version may not change.

I will show this off more when I can. :)
So, does the base software mean that the Joey 4's will operate without a Hopper+ in the system, for those who only want to add a Joey 4? Or is a Hopper+ still required before Dish will allow a Joey 4 to be added to the account?

So, does the base software mean that the Joey 4's will operate without a Hopper+ in the system, for those who only want to add a Joey 4? Or is a Hopper+ still required before Dish will allow a Joey 4 to be added to the account?
Possibly. :D Thats all I can say for now. More details are coming.

Possibly. :D Thats all I can say for now. More details are coming.
How about if you have a Hopper plus & Joey 4s up & running and you remove the Hopper plus, will the Joey 4s operate as the 4KJs do now?
I was wondering kind of the opposite: once you install a Hopper+, will the older Joeys continue to be supported? I am thinking specifically of a case where a customer has purchased Joey 3's (for example) and likes the flexibility of being able to activate and deactivate them whenever they want. Such a customer may still want the Hopper+ functionality, but may not want the additional expense of purchasing new Joey 4's right away. Leasing the new Joey 4's would also not work, since that does not provide the flexibility of the purchased Joeys. So, unless Dish has a trade-in program where older purchased Joeys can be exchanged for new purchased Joey 4's, I think it is important for Hopper+ to maintain compatibility with the older Joeys.

So- Can we start a list of Dish products that never saw the light of day or disappeared quickly?
Anything for the expansion port on the first-generation (I don't even remember the numbers anymore, 3200?) receivers.

Reactions: navychop
Anything for the expansion port on the first-generation (I don't even remember the numbers anymore, 3200?) receivers.
I had a 4900 with one of those inscrutable connectors. Completely useless. I think my 625 had USB ports, also completely useless.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
I had one of those. It was a Bell Expressvu receiver, their equivalent of the Dish 322 receiver.
Interesting. Did you ever get that receiver to work in the states?

I bought a Bell Expressvu equivalent to the 111 because it had the usual compliment of output jacks on the back and not just the modulated output the 111 had. I erroneously thought I could put it in the Dish stream and have it automatically convert itself to a usable 111. That didn't happen. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
Interesting. Did you ever get that receiver to work in the states?
Yes and no. It was usable as a Bell Expressvu receiver for a couple of years. The problem was that it would not take software updates, even after I added the second Bell satellite at 82 to the mix. (I started out with only the 91 satellite, using an old Directv 18-inch dish. I added a second Directv dish for 82, and hooked them up through a SW64 switch.) If I left it in standby, it would lock up, and I would have to unplug the receiver to reboot it the next time I wanted to use it. So, I just left both TV1 and TV2 on all the time, to prevent the receiver from going into standby. Due to the outdated software, when Daylight Saving Time changed schedule (moving to March and November) the 3200 would still update the clock on the old April and October schedule.

Eventually this 3200 died, and the only thing it would output was a black screen, no matter what output I used. It was at that point that I got my first HD Bell Expressvu receiver to replace it, a model 6100, their equivalent of the Dish 811 receiver. Eventually, I also simplified my Bell dish installation, replacing the two Directv dishes with a Dish 500. I later replaced that Dish 500 with an original-model Dish 1000, after realizing that with the 110 and 119 LNB slots aimed for 82 and 91, that meant that the 129 LNB slot lined up exactly with Directv's main satellite at 101. So, I was able to add a legacy Dish LNB to that slot, to be able to hook up old Directv SD receivers without needing a separate Directv dish.

where can we read about the hopper + & the joey 4?
Here you go:

Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)