New Software Coming -x21

No the Android OS Software has to be downloaded to your Hopper. There's a key combo on the remote you use on a certain screen to trigger the download.Just plugging the Plus in isn't going to do it. The Hopper and Joeys need to be on the newest Software versions
If your Hopper 2 is on H222 (or H322 for Hopper 3) press Home three times. Then go down to Tools. Go to Technician Settings. Then, select Download ATV Files. Wait for the download to complete, and you will see the new versions the next time you select that Download ATV Files button. (They also show up on the main Diagnostics screen.) I already have the new Android software versions. (See post number 43.) I am just waiting to actually get my Hopper+ to be able to use the new software.

Reactions: TheKrell
If your Hopper 2 is on H222 (or H322 for Hopper 3) press Home three times. Then go down to Tools. Go to Technician Settings. Then, select Download ATV Files. Wait for the download to complete, and you will see the new versions the next time you select that Download ATV Files button. (They also show up on the main Diagnostics screen.) I already have the new Android software versions. (See post number 43.) I am just waiting to actually get my Hopper+ to be able to use the new software.
Oddly, that's not the process in the training

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was just wondering if it would work. In other words, if you pre-download the software, is the Hopper+ then plug-and-play at that point? Or is there more to it than that?
The Hopper has to be connected to the Internet, Bridging enabled before you add the Plus. When you plug it in, the Hopper will remind you to change HDMI to the Plus, then it will do two software downloads. Probably take about 30 minutes, I'm guessing. The first one, they say is about 15 minutes and you have to have above 10 Mb/s D/L speed or it could take longer. The file is over 4GB in size

So those of us that don’t have the Dish “insurance” - Silver or otherwise, will have to pay for a tech visit?
I assume that would be included in the upgrade offer. It may require a two-year commitment, though. Even then, Dish may cover the tech visit by giving you one free month of the Protection Plan, that you then need to remember to cancel if you don't want to pay for it. At least, that is the way they did it when I got my Hopper Duo "upgrade" last year.

So those of us that don’t have the Dish “insurance” - Silver or otherwise, will have to pay for a tech visit?
Probably but I read last night that this is probably not a free upgrade anyway and fees will be dependent on the usual, time with Dish, etc

Well, now all that is left to do is wait for version X23. Wait, isn't that a clone of Wolverine? ;)
X24 is here! (That is the evil clone of Wolverine, for those of you who haven't seen Logan.)

It occurs to me that Dish is exactly five months late releasing these versions. They could have released version 222 on 2/22/22 at 2:22 AM. Missed opportunity! :biggrin
So, version X22 was released on 7/22, and now version X24 has been released on 8/24. Is there a pattern here? Are we eventually going to run out of software version numbers in this series, the next time there is a release on the 31st? :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts