New software downloading on my 811 now!

gpflepsen said:
The first attachment 811(265)-510 is an older picture.

The last three are comparing the composite outputs of the 811 w/ P266 and the 510.

You can decide if the image is brighter than before. I think it has been improved, but it is still darker than the 510.

The guide so far has to be the biggest pleasure for me, so far.

Do you get the same results when you swap the componsite outputs? Just curious since on my Sony Inputs are controlled independently.

My wife is watching TV so I can't take a good look at P266 yet. In my setup, P266 is a lot brighter on s-video than P265. The TV looks washed out now and needs readjusting back, hopefully all the way back to normal.

Keith.

WeeJavaDude said:
Do you get the same results when you swap the componsite outputs? Just curious since on my Sony Inputs are controlled independently.

I believe all my 480i inputs are governed by the global settings. Component, VGA and DVI all have their own settings independent from 480i.

gpflepsen said:
I believe all my 480i inputs are governed by the global settings. Component, VGA and DVI all have their own settings independent from 480i.

My TV is like that too.

One feature of the guide is messed up , a new bug. When the picture is enabled in the guide, the picture isn't resized. P265 resized the image so you saw the whole image in 25% of the screen. Now you see 25% of the image in 25% of the screen, no resizing :(

Keith.

My Picture in Guide is working properly. Reduced picture size in reduced picture window. TRry resetting it or turning the PiG feature off, then on.

keith said:
One feature of the guide is messed up , a new bug. When the picture is enabled in the guide, the picture isn't resized. P265 resized the image so you saw the whole image in 25% of the screen. Now you see 25% of the image in 25% of the screen, no resizing :(

Keith.

I have had this occur occasionally with P265. Geting out of the guide and then back in would always fix this so the picture in the window would be filled.

gpflepsen said:
My Picture in Guide is working properly. Reduced picture size in reduced picture window. TRry resetting it or turning the PiG feature off, then on.

Turning off and on did nothing. Soft reset (hold power button for 10 seconds) fixed it :)

There is now a gap on the right side of the screen though? The guide is a few percent short of full screen width. Didn't notice that with P265, but it might have been the same. If anyone has an 811 still running P265, please enable picture in guide and turn on the guide. Does the program guide go all the way to the right of the screen? In my P266, there is a thin black border on the right that goes up to half the screen height, then the picture in guide extends to the full right of the screen above that.

Keith.

The previous channel button still doesn't return to satellite from OTA.

Freaking rickydoodolous.

Keith.

Could be coincidence, but my OTA reception is WORSE now with P266. Digital OTA channels that were 6x% are now at 5x% and breaking up.

Keith.

There are new and massive problems still with digital OTA. Some of my channels that pull in at 75% are now showing 0% and a green picture, or 49% and signal lost.

Looks like I need to do another reboot, only the third since P266 came down, LOL.

I am going out to my daughters school concert now. Try to forget about the 811 debacle and check back here later.

Keith.

I'm stuck at work. Could somebody please try the '*' button in SD (not HD) and see if the aspect ratio can be changed?

I know it works in HD but it doesn't in SD.

Thank you,
-Mark

811 still dark

I turned on my 811 when I got home from work to find I got the 266 update.There is no difference in picture quality from 265.I called Dish and got transferred 3 times.The csr said she would let engineering know.She said there will be no racall.I am very upset with Dish and am ready to send this piece of crap back to them

markusian said:
I'm stuck at work. Could somebody please try the '*' button in SD (not HD) and see if the aspect ratio can be changed?

I know it works in HD but it doesn't in SD.

Thank you,
-Mark

I don't know what you mean by "doesn't in SD". Mine always has changed the aspect ratio in SD.

Do you mean on SD content over the composite and Svideo outputs? If that is the case, no, it still does not.

My SVIDEO looks no different that it did before the update. (don't care, don't use it)
No noticable change in OTA channel strength (still good for me)
Channel Guide doesn't crap out when going there from OTA channel. Good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts