New software for ALL 322s

Whoops, sorry, I misread. I just downloaded the 311 new release, not the 322 release. The 311 release was new as of 3/10, but same issue, still don't see any difference after that upgrade.

From a quick glance last night here's what (I think) I noticed.

1) the copyright date had changed to 2004
2) there's extra lines in the sysinfo page:
a) Technical and billing contact numbers are on two seperate lines (same number though?). Maybe Dish is about to split the customer service group?
b) there looks to be a lot more numbers (info) on the "location" field. (maybe a precursor to stronger encryption methods?)
3) There's a "help" button on the sysinfo screen (doesn't do a lot)
4) Dish interactive enabled ? (can't remember if this was in the last version or not)

The screen saver comes on when I turn tuner 2 off and stays on until I turn tuner 2 back on. Is this normal? It is not a problem for me but it just started doing this yesterday and I didn't know if maybe it was part of the newest software download or if something is going wrong with my receiver. Any answers for this? Thanks

Dishnetwork 322 Receiver software bugs still present after 03/18/04 L152GCED-N update

Nothing changed this unit still unsubscribes me nightly by 10:30 to 11:30 PM just like Dishnetwork 322 receiver unit it replaced always did. 301 receiver arriving Monday may work, if not I will return to more reliable Roadrunner Cable.

322 Receiver needs software modification, to eliminate incompatibility issues with non Echostar DVR units!
Screen Saver with Dish network Logo and Text (Push Select to Continue) pops up and gets recorded by my ReplayTV 5040 after daily Dish Network Software update and or every 4 hours if no remote control button is pushed. This Logo stays on screen and renders my ReplayTV 5040 TOTALLY USELESS.

EXTREEMLY ANOYING and TOTALLY UNEXCEPTABLE
I never had these ridiculous problems with my ReplayTV 5040 and Cable Company!
After more than 7 days and several calls to Dish Network Tech support, I may or may not have workable solution.
Whether this solution works or not it is very poor workaround at best.
I currently have 8 reminder timers (1 every 3 hours) set to simulate remote control activity, in order to keep the 4 hour inactivity screen saver from activating. Due to software updating Daily at 4:00 AM I had to set additional timer at 4:10 AM to keep from having screen saver started after software update.
SUGESTION PLEASE EXPEDITE SOFTWARE MODIFICATION ON 322 RECEIVERS TO INCLUDE CHECK BOX.
[ ] DISABLE SCREEN SAVER
This would be much preferred to my current workaround that may or may not work
ATTENTION THOSE WITH ANY TYPE RECORDING DEVICE being used with DISHNETWORK 322 receiver!
This work around works best!
Menu 616 takes you to Updates Screen then chose Activation Disable!
That’s it no more bouncy ball (Press Select to Continue) Dishnetwork Screen Saver.
Warning this workaround may cause other less serious but extremely aggravating problems due to Dishnetworks poorly written software!

322 Receiver incompatible with non Echostar DVR units due to poorly written software!

lloyde6 said:
The screen saver comes on when I turn tuner 2 off and stays on until I turn tuner 2 back on. Is this normal? It is not a problem for me but it just started doing this yesterday and I didn't know if maybe it was part of the newest software download or if something is going wrong with my receiver. Any answers for this? Thanks
I noticed this software change also and believe it will create more of the same problems I'm having on TV1 with TV2 see post above for details.

Delta4C...

Are you trying to make a nuisance of yourself.... you only need to post the message about your replay/dish issues once.

NOT ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Please show some respect for our collective intelligence on this board. We all read the posts, and it's very tiring to read the same message in ALL the threads. Post in one thread and keep it there.

Cut and Paste is not your friend, my friend!

Update to the changes I've noticed...

When you think you've turned "off" the unit on both tuner 1 and 2 it then stll displays a video image of the "floating DISH" and says "press select to continue".

Seems that select is now a new "power on" button on the remote!

I'm sure this should be corrected in the next update? Seems nuts to me!

sirlurkalot said:
Update to the changes I've noticed...

When you think you've turned "off" the unit on both tuner 1 and 2 it then stll displays a video image of the "floating DISH" and says "press select to continue".

Seems that select is now a new "power on" button on the remote!

I'm sure this should be corrected in the next update? Seems nuts to me!
It doesn't seem necessary to me but has not been a problem for me yet. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just on my receiver , meaning something could be wrong with it. Thanks for the input.

That "floater" could cause a problem. I have the kids room set up with an "auto switcher" video selector into the TV (allows the kids to have Nintendo, DVD and Dish) all piped into the same set.

There's a priority built into the switch and if a channel goes "off" it then switches the input (trying to reduce the "it doesn't work!" hassle factor).

With the "new" image on the DISH output (when it's supposed to be off!) it thinks the output is still on (it is) and overrides the inputs...

Back to the drawing board....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)