New Software for Traxis and Special Price on SG2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you don't want to register for another forum:

http://www.dmsiusa.com/software.htm

Good Idea - Digiblur

I know we have a Manual section that is a great resource - maybe we should have a Factory software section for FTA receivers too - that way there is no need to go anywhere else.

As to the original link , it sure brings back fond memories , but there is a conflict of interest associated with that link.

good news

If you don't want to register for another forum:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/software.htm
...and I didn't, so thanks for the other link.
Doesn't say this fixes the AC3 problem ...
I'd have thought that would be a major target.

And, what's this about walking and chewing gum at the same time?
(diseqc switch and motor operation)
Is that so unusual?
If so, geez!!! :eek: !!!

Another d#%&$Dd thing to look for when I buy my next receiver, eh?

Good Idea - Digiblur

As to the original link , it sure brings back fond memories , but there is a conflict of interest associated with that link.

I'm curious, what's the conflict of interest? There is no advertising or commercial links on VisionPlus Forum. Also, you can talk about anything legal. So, I just wanted to know what the conflict could be. I belong to both forums, well actually several forums.

...and I didn't, so thanks for the other link.
Doesn't say this fixes the AC3 problem ...
I'd have thought that would be a major target.

Is that so unusual?

Another d#%&$Dd thing to look for when I buy my next receiver, eh?

Sorry, no fix for AC3 yet. We're still working on it.
Walking and chewing gum? The Traxis DBS3500 uses a newer processor. It can't be hacked, but it also doesn't have the same support as the older processors (yet). The software development is coming around nicely and most features now surpass the other processors on the market.

Is that so unusual?

the Coolsat 8000 doesn't have that option right now either :(
supposedly the new firmware on the coolsat site does take care of it although I am yet to find it in the menus

stand corrected. You can use a diseqc and motor. They just hide the option

in the main menu, the options are diseqc, USALS or motor. flip to motor and hit the button to set up the motor and the bottom option is "diseqc" which allows you to have 1,2,3,4 and a Diseqc option

Ok, thanks for checking, I read back through your review and noticed you did say you were using a 22khz switch, that went right over my head, I had just assumed you were using a diseqc switch. I have 22khz switches here but prefer to use my Spaun switch, paid all that $$ for it and would really like to use it. Good to hear I can use it with the 8000 after all.:)

I'm curious, what's the conflict of interest?
I'll answer below

There is no advertising or commercial links on VisionPlus Forum.
I guess you forgot about the ads for a business that one mod has that seem to be shown all the time

Also, you can talk about anything legal.
can do that here too :)

So, I just wanted to know what the conflict could be.

well Tim since you asked. As most people know, there was a former moderator here (you might know him) who decided to make some people's Satelliteguys experience miserable by deleting their posts or threads that he didn't agree with for whatever reason or in some cases, no reason at all. He also would delete posts of members that he felt were "off topic" even though they were still part of the conversation. So some changes were made so that they couldn't delete posts (or actually make them go poof and we'd never see them) so then they would edit posts. So he was let go here due to paranoia and deleting/editign of posts. So conveniently the day this mod was let go all of a sudden the main forum for the above link (in the Original Post) shows up. So a few of us went and registered to check it out (either on our own or the fact that PM's were sent to members here from a particular moderator there saying "oh register at a better forum") but after posting a few threads and posts, I realized it was the same old moderator who felt the need to edit/delete posts that they did not like including some of mine.

So to take a line from that particular mod when he was here and I would mention something on another site (like dbstalk for expample)

"I wouldn't give that other site the pleasure of my presence there."

so that's why its a conflict of interest for me :)

Ok, thanks for checking, I read back through your review and noticed you did say you were using a 22khz switch, that went right over my head, I had just assumed you were using a diseqc switch.

I have a diseqc switch setup too but on my motorized I used a 22k switch.

I'll answer below

I guess you forgot about the ads for a business that one mod has that seem to be shown all the time

can do that here too :)

well Tim since you asked. As most people know, there was a former moderator here (you might know him) who decided to make some people's Satelliteguys experience miserable by deleting their posts or threads that he didn't agree with for whatever reason or in some cases, no reason at all. He also would delete posts of members that he felt were "off topic" even though they were still part of the conversation. So some changes were made so that they couldn't delete posts (or actually make them go poof and we'd never see them) so then they would edit posts. So he was let go here due to paranoia and deleting/editign of posts. So conveniently the day this mod was let go all of a sudden the main forum for the above link (in the Original Post) shows up. So a few of us went and registered to check it out (either on our own or the fact that PM's were sent to members here from a particular moderator there saying "oh register at a better forum") but after posting a few threads and posts, I realized it was the same old moderator who felt the need to edit/delete posts that they did not like including some of mine.

So to take a line from that particular mod when he was here and I would mention something on another site (like dbstalk for expample)

"I wouldn't give that other site the pleasure of my presence there."

so that's why its a conflict of interest for me :)

Hmmmm, sorry to hear it's a conflict for you. I was unaware of the problems you guys were having. I can only guess who you are talking about. I must say I haven't had that kind of problem.

Just so we are clear, DMS International owes and operates VisionPlus.us forum. I am not in competition with any other forum. I operate and maintain the forum and I have made an agreement with Pete from PSB to maintain the content. At this time we have several mods helping and doing a great job. The ads you mention are "forum specials" for the members. While they are run by PSB he does not promote his business or his other products on the forum.

You are welcome to contact me by email if you feel the need. tim@dmsiusa.com With the upcoming show (and all the other stuff) I haven't spent much time here (or anywhere else).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)