Please reply by conversation.

satfrat

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Aug 12, 2005
Rutland, Vermont
I got a new software download on my HR20-100 this morning at 3:40am. Anyone have a clue as to what it's all about?

I got a new software download on my HR20-100 this morning at 3:40am. Anyone have a clue as to what it's all about?

This is very good news.
This is the update that a lot of people have been waiting for that do NOT do the CE's

Looks like it went National last night.

If you could not before, you should now be able to tell your unit to "Hide the SD channels if there is a HD channel"
This may have been out already , but I don't think so (as a NR)

Jimbo

Mine updated at 3:50am this morning. Where would I look for the option to hide SD?

Whats the deal with the update and what CE?

The CE is the cutting edge beta releases they do some weekends so people like myself get a chance at new versions and new features, but they can be buggy. The CE I got was like the 9th or 10th version of the beta so its worked well.

Go to the cutting edge forum to see what new features have been in the latest CE's and youll get an idea of what youll see.

How do you know if you got the release?
Or how do you get it?

Go under menu, settings info and test.

You can scroll down and it gives you box version, software version temp and other stuff. You'll see when the last software version was installed and what it is.

You can try and force a download by resetting the box and hitting 02468 when you see the welcome screen

I have Ox1be...done at 2:51 this morning. Does this have VOD?

Are there notes somewhere from this version? I'd love to see what it does!

I have Ox1be...done at 2:51 this morning. Does this have VOD?

Are there notes somewhere from this version? I'd love to see what it does!

i know nothing about this video on demand feature. Can anyone enlighten me on how it works? Thanks in advance. :hatsoff:

Robin

Has anyone tried the "Channels I Get" selection under favorites? I was excited to see that new feature but when I enable it, it only takes away 6-7 channels. There are still many channels in the guide that I don't get.

Thanks,
Randy

Still looking for answer on the VOD questions. Does this update have it? What exactly will I need to hook up the HR20-100 to the internet. I already have a wireless router that I have the PS3 and the Wii hooked up to. It says a adapter but can someone be more specific? Thanks for any information!!

It has to be connected to a broadband Internet connection to work. After that, it is all plug-and-play.

I do not have broadband at all. But the -700 shows the VOD in the guide, and will try to connect to the internet, but fails because I do not have it.

But the -100 does not even show up on the guide as an option after the new update.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts