New software - The new program guide colors suck!!!

I think I would like that. ;) Particularly the channel logos. Is the guide in HD? Sorry; this is drifting off-topic.

The guide graphics and menus are supposed to be made for hd tvs and are sharper . But that isn't enough to make someone switch to the 922, if they already have a 722k.

It's B&W? What I see on my 722 are background shades of blue on all guides. It's the highlight color that people are complaining about. Of those I can see without setting up favorites lists, the gold (AllHD) is the worst.

I agree that the gold color is the worst... that is what provoked me into starting this thread. Unfortunately for me, I use the All HD list the most.

Since there is no sensible reason why Dish would swap the colors around, I think that this change was just an unintentional software programming error. Now the new problem...if it was a software error, and they switch it back to the way it was before, everyone will complain about having to learn the new color scheme all over again! :)

Only good way to fix this to let us choose the colors ourselves!

Last edited:
I’ve noticed another problem with this software upgrade. Before the upgrade paging through the guide and going forward through the times and days was for the most part pretty responsive and smooth. After the upgrade I noticed a definite lag paging through the guide and sometimes when scrolling I had to wait for a second or 2 for the scroll to occur. I have a 622. Anybody else notice this?

Anybody getting image flashes On/ off repeating for about 1 minute on TV 2 channel 73?
Works perfectly after 1 minute.

they just need to put them back they way they were...after four years of it being one way, this has my brain way confused...it would be one thing if they had come up with completely new colors...but my brain has yet to associate pink with my movie list...that used to be green....augh...

Dish what the heck was wrong with Blue? The new colors suck! Plus the new software put the new DVR menu on my 722. Which was my only box without the ugly menus. They seriously need to hire people that know how to write software!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)