new software update U321 for Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You feel that programmers (and equipment manufacturers) should drop all hardware support for all but the latest, "present" technology ? Hell, my 2-year old TV has composite inputs. It has RF as well but that's a dual-function for use with an OTA antenna.

not what I said at all........but IF Dish is advertising the H3 as the latest in technology & best dvr on the market.........the things that worked in the past should certainly work, including the OTA issue. If the H3 had the rf input, but no tuner, would that ok too? The H3 may be great, but there are several issues that were there on release that still have not been corrected. There are apparently some that did function upon release that now do not. Dish needs to get things sorted out & corrected.

Not sure how this would work for me. Hopper goes to my xbox one. HDMI from tv to Bose soundbar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might not be a solution for you then. If the Bose sound bar has an optical input and a way to switch to it, you might be able to hook optical from the Hopper to the sound bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wondering why PTA was turned on yesterday when my wife asked me why the local channels in the guide had the P symbol.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

It might not be a solution for you then. If the Bose sound bar has an optical input and a way to switch to it, you might be able to hook optical from the Hopper to the sound bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Haven't thought about that setup. I've had optical from Xbox one to soundbar

Not sure how this would work for me. Hopper goes to my xbox one. HDMI from tv to Bose soundbar

I have a similar setup. I use a switch and optical outputs running from both the Hopper and Xbox one. Not a perfect solution, but it works. I just have to manually switch the optical output to whatever I want to use.

Switch link http://goo.gl/5BxQLi

My Home Theater setup used an older version of this: http://www.inday.com/da4x.html and I took advantage of the unit's preference of Optical over Coax input to stack some of the inputs to my old Marantz AVR with a single coax and optical digital input. The Inday was IR controlled so I was able to control everything with the Harmony remote. Since I got the Yamaha receiver it has enough digital audio inputs so it isn't an issue, but I still use the Inday to switch since all the cables are run to where the Inday switch is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)