New software updates not coming to Genie.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
What's the current Genie software version ? I haven't seen a recent download in months. My Genie is connected to the Internet .

Restart your receiver and force a download. I did that last week when I picked up a new receiver.

There been three incomplete rollouts since 0x0987.

The current rollout is 0x09F6.

It is generally in the stream in the wee hours,

BTW, none have had new features. All have been UTH fixes.

Reactions: Broe67
These roll outs are since my post on Monday, right ?

Are these ones you have to go in and get, or ones that they are putting on for you ?

No, these releases have happened over the last several weeks. They are being pushed but only to a few installations. So they appear in the national release download stream, but are then removed. Don't know why...

Yes, if you are installing a new DVR that's the release you will get. None of the releases since then have gone to a full national rollout.

An update will onluy overwrite a release with a previous (lower) release number.....whether it is a CE or not.

An update will onluy overwrite a release with a previous (lower) release number.....whether it is a CE or not.
Ok, thats what I thought ... however, the CE's are usually in a way different version category.

For example, the NR is 0987, the release that was mentioned earlier that got released in areas was 9f6 while the CE is a42

In hexadecimal, f6 is higher than 87.....0A is higher than 09

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)