New software version 146 downloaded!

BobMurdoch said:
When they repair your unit "overnight" do they wipe the hard disk and kill all your recordings?

I haven't seen the major problems yet, but I'm wondering what will happen to my recordings if I do.

Mine did not have the recordings killed. However, the blue lines were not fixed anyway and I had to return "fixed" unit for a screened new unit. No blue lines yet on new unit.

nicholassjenkins said:
2/24/2004 9:37pm ET (it annoys me that postings lack dates)

{snip - other good info}

Thanks for reading.
-NICK

Nick,

I once complained about the same thing and was politely informed that there is a UserCP setting that will allow you to display time and date. There is also a FAQ about it I believe. I wonder why it isn't the default though? (maybe it is by now).

Fax

Mark_AR said:
Mine just went to the LSOD (X) screen and then rebooted. It took all of 15 minutes for it to completely update and reboot and reboot a second time without me even touching anything.

So far the fixed things that I have noticed:

Name based search and record options.

Still not fixed:
PIP purple bar on right side when PIP is pushed twice.

Bleeding bottom of picture down in guide when viewing HD channel and browsing guide.

Inset picture overscans left side of box when in menu, search and guide.
(Similar to above bleeding picture in guide, but doesn't bleed down into guide area like above)

Still no Local Channel re-mapping either. *sigh*

Still ugly plain text on music channels. Copy the code out of the 522 already!

Thats it so far after about 10 minutes of scrutiny.

Mark

Mark: Here is a thread I started on the Dish Network Forum but noticed you had a TV similar to mine. Just wondering if you had similar problems with your Hitachi?

I just installed a Hitachi 65S700 in anticipation of getting a 921 (when they start shipping those again) and have a problem with the signal from my current 501 to the TV. I have checked it both through the co-ax out and S video out and the picture is not very sharp. I run these same signals though my analog TVs and the picture looks great. Is there something unusal about this TV or HD TVs in general that they don't know how to handle must the normal signal out of a dish receiver. I do have something that is called VIRTUAL HD that switches between 540p and 1080i and it doesn't seem like I can turn that feature off. Anybody with a Hitachi had the same problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts