New software

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slls

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
I was watching my spare tV last night and on screen note wanted to change my channel. I said ok , it then spent 5 minutes loading new found software. After that it again loaded satellite information, how common is this. Never happened when I had only one TV. Have had D* about 3 years.

Doesn't happen real often, you may have had power off of the box for awhile. Most of the time it downloads while the box is "off" and you never see it. Remember, when you turn the box off with the remote it really isn't off - just the display lights and the video/audio output feeds go off. The box is still operating and it will download software upgrades on its own.

I see, I use it infrequently so I unplug it.

There were quite a few software upgrades over the past month (some that went bad) that you missed if the unit was unplugged. Something else to consider with the newer units is if you leave them unplugged for too long they become deactivated; you'd need to call/Internet & have the box reactivated.

There were quite a few software upgrades over the past month (some that went bad) that you missed if the unit was unplugged. Something else to consider with the newer units is if you leave them unplugged for too long they become deactivated; you'd need to call/Internet & have the box reactivated.

Thats true.. i think its 30 days if you leave it unplugged..

H23-600 manufacture date 7-08-08. I had it unplugged for 1 1 /2 weeks and got the 722 code. I called D*, he explained the situation and reactivated. He told me about web activation and checked it out, really easy.
I will keep it unplugged and deal with the hassle, it is really no big deal for me.
Mostly used Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night to save a marriage.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)