New sub looking for best deal...

mikbro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
I need the following:

1 622 or 722
Looking for AT250 w/HD channels and Seattle Locals (or getting the locals OTA if possible)
Standard installation (house is already wired w/RG6 from exterior to media panel and from media panel to TV).

What is the best deal *right now*?

I see threads for offers prior to 8/15 and I called Dishstore... they seemed a bit confused. They told me one set of rebates/freebies (and wanted to charge activation) but then I mentioned their website and they said "oh *dishstore*" or something to that effect and were ready to waive activation.

Any help appreciated!

Mike

Thanks! - I had seen that, but it still seems to detail the promotions that expired on 8/14 (hd rebate for one thing). Those details were not the same as what was being explained to be by Dishstore when I called yesterday.

They probably just haven't had a chance to update their website - I will call them back and go over each point to see what else (if anything) has changed.

[edit] It does look like it has been updated :) I will give them a buzz today.

Anyone want to give me a ClubDish card?

It looks like I might be subbing to Dish in the next day or so... I can use the ClubDish promo w/Dishnet so someone might as well get the benefit.

First person that PM's me with a clubdish will get the benefit!

mikbro,

Checkout this site. I'm thinking of joining and Satellite Solutions seem to have a great deal also.

/http://www.satellitesolutionsnetwork.com/specials.asp

I am in the same boat except I need wiring too.

The Satellite Solutions deal looks like the same thing as Dishstore plus an extra goodie...?

Dishstore has a mickey mouse web site though and I am not sure I know what they are offering. This seemingly really important link on the front page is broken:

New Customers CLICK HERE And Find out all the great deals DishStore.NET offers!

And, the DHA promotion is dated 2004.
The Dish Store - Powered by Metro25

Say, what do new accounts have to pay for the dish hardware? There is a Dish 500 in place, are those good for anything these days?

First of all you got to mention Satelliteguys when calling the DISHSTORE to get the special deal. I do not offer this promotion to all my customers that would call off a direct mail piece or my ad in the phone book. This is why when the promotion is mentioned we then discuss the waived activation fee. I would go broke if I offered this promotion to all of my customers

As far as the website and the promotional deals, yesterday was promotional transition day. I had to update the website to reflect the new offer and I had to go over all the new promotions with my sales staff.

See this page for more details..
DISHSTORE.Net Better than Club Dish Promotion

If your not sure what Dishstore is offering, call 800-807-0837 and ask to speak with me personally. We should have our stuff staright with the new promotions because I spent all day today getting everyone on the right page.

BTW, I see Satellitesolutions has that $75 cash back like Dishstore, but if you read the fine print they collect the $49.99 activation fee. Dishstore waives the activation fee and gives you up to $75 cash back. Dishstore simply has the better deal!

As far as Club Dish, we have to use one on every sale so we can enter it in the system and waive the activaton Fee. If you got a club Dish card from friend, your welcome to use it when you place your order.

As far as our website being "Mickey Mouse" I agree its not the best in the world, but I dare you to find a better offer for new DISH Network service, and keep in mind when you order your supporting satelliteguys.us

Claude?

Claude,

I dropped Dish in Jan. for the Comcrap Triple play, what specials can I get.
I will be honest I prefer HD programming so I do not necessarily have to go with Dish as DTV will be adding more HD soon.
If I am not mistaken isn't a former customer at least 6 months old.

Thanks

Claude,

I dropped Dish in Jan. for the Comcrap Triple play, what specials can I get.
I will be honest I prefer HD programming so I do not necessarily have to go with Dish as DTV will be adding more HD soon.
If I am not mistaken isn't a former customer at least 6 months old.

Thanks

Same promotion, as new custoers except you would need to pay the activation fee and you would not get it as a credit on the first months bill. Basically $100 less in rebates. Give us a call.

Claude Greiner, In your Better than Club Dish Promo Details site, on page two, under Dishstore Rebate Options, item C) $75.00 Cash Back, first paragraph, states 622 HD DVR Receiver. Do you mean 722 HD DVR Receiver? Thanks

I just wanted to throw in a good word for Claude and the Dishstore. I got set up last week, but when I called to sign up the guy taking my order didn't know what deal I was talking about (after mentioning that I found it on Satelliteguys) and went ahead and charged the activation fee. Well, a message to Claude got things straightened out very quickly. Apparently if you call after hours, the calls to Dishstore go to another call center where most of the reps know about the deal, but occasionally one doesn't. Claude told me to give him a call when I got activated and he'd get my activation fee refunded.

Well, a couple hours after my install/activation, I gave him a call and in 5 minutes he had cut me a check for the $50 and the $75 rebate they offer as well (didn't even have to mail it in!). Got my $125 earlier this week and am quite impressed with Claude and the Dishstore! Great customer service and definitely a great deal!

$75 cash back?

Claude,

I am looking to get DISH for the first time (new cutomer). I would like to sign up for DIsh DVR Advantage with Top 100, Dish HD and will also sign 18 month commitment. Do I get $75 cash back or $50? I am asking because your promotion says I have to sign up for DIsh DVR Advantage with Top 200 to get $75 and just wanted to confirm if this is true or carry over from last promotion.

Thanks,
JB.

Well, I signed up w/Dishstore installation set for Monday.

I was a little surprised at the fact there is only a 3 day cancellation/return policy though. Was hoping to have a little more time to compare w/my Comcast cable.

I called DishStore today to sign up using the promotion. I'm a new customer. They knew nothing about the promotion or even who Claude was. They also did not know the equipment very well, and kept pressing me for the activation fee. Said the installer would handle the detail. Well, I won't sign up until I know exactly what equipment I'm getting and the cost. As you might guess, I got frustrated. Should I just wait for a weekday to try again or move on to another provider? By the way, here is what I need.

I have 2 HD's and 2 SD's in the house. One HD is in the family room. I want a VIP722 for this. Another HD is in the Master Bedroom, I would like a VIP 211 for this. The 2 SD's are in the kids rooms. I want a VIP 322 for these. The reason for the VIP 322 is I have an RV and when we go on the road, I want to move the 322 into the RV. Total of 4 TV's 3 receivers. Anyone see any issues with this setup?

Thanks

Dennis

I called DishStore today to sign up using the promotion. I'm a new customer. They knew nothing about the promotion or even who Claude was. They also did not know the equipment very well, and kept pressing me for the activation fee. Said the installer would handle the detail. Well, I won't sign up until I know exactly what equipment I'm getting and the cost. As you might guess, I got frustrated. Should I just wait for a weekday to try again or move on to another provider? By the way, here is what I need.

I have 2 HD's and 2 SD's in the house. One HD is in the family room. I want a VIP722 for this. Another HD is in the Master Bedroom, I would like a VIP 211 for this. The 2 SD's are in the kids rooms. I want a VIP 322 for these. The reason for the VIP 322 is I have an RV and when we go on the road, I want to move the 322 into the RV. Total of 4 TV's 3 receivers. Anyone see any issues with this setup?

Thanks

Dennis

Dennis,

The best time to call is during the week and either ask to speak with me personally. If im not in, ask to speak with Ernie or any of my other sales reps.

The issue on the weekend is that we are simply not open, I send all my calls to another call center in Tulsa and eventhough they are aware of the Dishstore promotion not all of them know the details, and occasionally this will happen.

If you call the office, and we pick up the phone then your calling the main office. If you call and get a recording with some options, its my other call center.

I could send all the calls to voice mail on the weekends, but being a DISH Network sales partner we are required to have someone ansewer the phone 24 hours per day.

As far as equipment, you want to go with a 722/211/311

The 722 goes in the main Tv room, and also shares the kids room
The 211 goes in the master bedroom
The 311 goes in the kids room and can be taken with your camper.

You could also do a 722/222 and save $5/mo, but it would be a little more of an issue setting up when you go camping.

You can't do a 722/211/322 because that would be 5 tuners and there is a maximum of 4 allowed on the account for new customers.

Claude Greiner
800-807-0837

Claude,

I am looking to get DISH for the first time (new cutomer). I would like to sign up for DIsh DVR Advantage with Top 100, Dish HD and will also sign 18 month commitment. Do I get $75 cash back or $50? I am asking because your promotion says I have to sign up for DIsh DVR Advantage with Top 200 to get $75 and just wanted to confirm if this is true or carry over from last promotion.

Thanks,
JB.

The $50 cash back is as long as you sign an 18 month committment, reguardless of equipment configuration but need atleast AT100

The $75 cash back requires the following...
A) VIP 722 Receiver
B) DISH HD Programming
C) Top 200 or Top 250
D) Credit card autopay

Autopay is only required when we initially set up the account, you can drop it after you get your rebate check back in the mail.

Origionally I was gonna drop the $75 rebate, but decided to keep it because Dish extended their spiff when customers take DVR advantage with AT200 or 250.

Claude Greiner, In your Better than Club Dish Promo Details site, on page two, under Dishstore Rebate Options, item C) $75.00 Cash Back, first paragraph, states 622 HD DVR Receiver. Do you mean 722 HD DVR Receiver? Thanks

Yea, 722 Receiver is correct. Looks like I missed that one when I went to update the page for the new promotions on Wednesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts