new sub questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

david_gilbert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2009
ms
My parents are splitting up, actually have(tho not divorced yet) as he has lived 100 miles away for a few years. Anyway DTV is in his name, and he is going to shut it down. My Mom wants to keep it, but cannot afford it on her SS check. Will DTV allow her to sign up as a new customer and get promos, or does it screw her since he had service in his name there?

I'm trying to get her to stream, but she will need to up her cable internet to get unlimited data, as my kids will be there most of the summer and they hit her 350gb cap in a matter of a week.

YES- She Can sign up as a "new" Customer at that address after the original account holder Closes (turns off) Service. The Current equipment will need to be returned (if required by D* depends on age of receivers) - Then as a New Customer She should get Showered with "Gifts" for a 2 yr. commit.

never, i repeat, never, depend on promo pricing

it will not last the full contract term.

there are tons of post on the direct forums where people 'forgot' the second year price would be higher.

if the non promo price is too high, look at a diff plan/package/provider.

Reactions: Jimbo

there are tons of post on the direct forums where people 'forgot' the second year price would be higher.

Unless you are an AT&T Wireless customer, and then the 2-year price lock will not expire until the 24 months are up.

Unless you are an AT&T Wireless customer, and then the 2-year price lock will not expire until the 24 months are up.

good luck with that. the base price may not change, but promos will expire

good luck with that. the base price may not change, but promos will expire

Looks like it goes up to in months 13-24 for new customers, but when I signed up last summer, the terms were the same price for 24 months.
dtv.png

so under that plan, can the base price still change by the yearly increase?

My more recent invoices have an additional $2 credit which expires on 7/2018, which I assume is to cover the most recent annual price increase.

My more recent invoices have an additional $2 credit which expires on 7/2018, which I assume is to cover the most recent annual price increase.

interesting, as price increases occur in feb or march, cant remember exactly when, but def not july

Too add to your statement ....
Always go with the provider that has the CHANNELS you need.
I go by channels 1st and Picture Quality next. period.

Reactions: ncted and raoul5788
Too add to your statement ....
Always go with the provider that has the CHANNELS you need.
I go by channels 1st and Picture Quality next. period.

Agreed. The Select on DirecTV had BBC America but not ESPN, so it was perfect for what I wanted.

Thanks we weren't sure how or if they would even do it. Was worried they would try to deny thinking they were simply trying to get new customer pricing. She still has DNS FOX/CBS/NBC from before our locals went live and fusses because she would lose the West coast feeds. I can't get her to understand she can either DVR multiple things at once or simply stream the dang show later. She has had a DVR since back during the original Tivo units for DTV and operates her Roku nearly as easily as my 8 year old, but for some reason she just can't grasp the concept.

Thanks we weren't sure how or if they would even do it. Was worried they would try to deny thinking they were simply trying to get new customer pricing. She still has DNS FOX/CBS/NBC from before our locals went live and fusses because she would lose the West coast feeds. I can't get her to understand she can either DVR multiple things at once or simply stream the dang show later. She has had a DVR since back during the original Tivo units for DTV and operates her Roku nearly as easily as my 8 year old, but for some reason she just can't grasp the concept.
And seeing she'll be signing up new, she'll get the Genie set up, which allows her to Record up to 5 shows at once.

Yea they will allow her to sign as a new customer again.

I had a similar situation a few years ago where the room mate passed away and the other room mate simply wanted to switch it in his name.

The second Directv found out the account holder died, they shut the account down.

I went out there a few hours later and swapper the equipment and made an easy couple hundred dollars in commissions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)