new subscriber having problem with billing credits

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jb05

Aug 14, 2007
Hi,

New subscriber to directv service and already have a problem with billing.
I ordered directv on 12/29 and subscribed to HD DVR package and got two room installations with one HD DVR and one HD Receiver. I paid 298+ tax (199 for HD DVR and 99 for HD receiver) with the promise that I would see 100 credit on first month for HD DVR which would make total out of my pocket 198+tax.

I did note down the name of the person I spoke to but she did not give me her ID.

Next day (12/30) I called back and spoke to customer installation support to verify the order. She too confirmed the 100 credit on first bill and I did note down the name of the person (again she did not gave her ID).

On 01/05 installation went well. Install was properly done.

I got my first month bill yesterday and did not see the 100 credit. I called today and spoke to billing and 2 other folks from customer installation support and they all say there never was a promotion like that (100 credit on first month bill) and I was given wrong information and there is nothing they can do about it and apologies!!

Is this how it works? Promise something to get the order and change the terms after the install.

Now I see that the HD DVR price itself has gone down to 99. I am really annoyed right now. What are my options? Please help.

Thanks,
JB.

bateau980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 10, 2007
Xenia, Land of the Demon Winds
The only option you really have, unfortunately at that, is to take what you got. I would call Retention and talk to them. Just say cancel service when prompted at the voice menu. I hope they can fix it up with 10 - $10 monthly discounts or something else. Have some ammo... look at your local Cable Company and find out what their offers are, then Dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)