New subscriber - My Programming Guide only goes 2 days

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rugbyqueen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
Houston, TX
Just had my DirecTV installed today. I saved a list of everything we had set up to record on our old Uverse system. I want to set up the recordings on the D* system and would like to do it all at once so I don't have to do it later. But I'm finding that the Programming Guide only goes out two days maximum. One channel didn't go much past 24 hours. So I can't see most of the shows I want to record.

Is this happening because this is a new install and it'll sort itself out, like download something? Or do I have to live with a Guide that only goes out a day or two? That's frustrating, if so!

Thanks.

thats normal when rebooting the receiver (or in your case getting it activated). Overnight it will download the rest of the guide and tomorrow you should have 12-13 days out (since you mention recording I assume its a DVR. DVR's go 12-14 days.....HD recievers 7 days...SD receivers 3 days)

thats normal when rebooting the receiver (or in your case getting it activated). Overnight it will download the rest of the guide and tomorrow you should have 12-13 days out (since you mention recording I assume its a DVR. DVR's go 12-14 days.....HD recievers 7 days...SD receivers 3 days)
Yes, sorry, I should have specified. It's an HD DVR. Thanks for replying. I guess I'll wait and see if it's better tomorrow.

no worries

I know right now my HD DVR goes out to early evening of September 11th as of right now....and Friday night I had to do a reboot (accidentally unplugged the wrong thing in the surge protector). Saturday it was out 8-9 days and Saturday night it was back to 12-13

Iceberg
Thanks for the info. Some how we lost power to our DVR, Saturday night, and we had the same problem.
I just looked at mine and it's back to 9/12 on the guide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)