New subscriber order from Dish CSR vs. Retailer

rolodoc

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 20, 2005
I am a new subscriber ordering Dish Network. I would like to know the pros and cons or ordering directly from Dish CSR vs. ordering through a Retailer like Dishstore.

My understanding is that the promotions for new subscribers are the same, but if the order is placed through a retailer, then all future service requests, questions, and upgrades go through the retailer and not directly with Dish.

Is ordering from a retailer better for future service needs and better customer service since no need to talk to Dish CSR, and the retailer is probably more knowledgeable than Dish CSR about new equipment, promotions, etc?

Or is orderding direct from DishNetwork better if future upgrades/deals are only offered to direct customers through Dish and not offered through retailers for example. I want to figure out the best route to place an order. Which would you recommend?

Thanks.

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
rolodoc said:
I am a new subscriber ordering Dish Network. I would like to know the pros and cons or ordering directly from Dish CSR vs. ordering through a Retailer like Dishstore.

My understanding is that the promotions for new subscribers are the same, but if the order is placed through a retailer, then all future service requests, questions, and upgrades go through the retailer and not directly with Dish.

Is ordering from a retailer better for future service needs and better customer service since no need to talk to Dish CSR, and the retailer is probably more knowledgeable than Dish CSR about new equipment, promotions, etc?

Or is orderding direct from DishNetwork better if future upgrades/deals are only offered to direct customers through Dish and not offered through retailers for example. I want to figure out the best route to place an order. Which would you recommend?

Thanks.
both reatilers and Dish offer the same promos....I work for a retailer..We have been in business for 22 years...That said, my answer is a bit biased..But you will get better service if you go local.....

rolodoc

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 20, 2005
dishcomm said:
both reatilers and Dish offer the same promos....I work for a retailer..We have been in business for 22 years...That said, my answer is a bit biased..But you will get better service if you go local.....

I am considering national retailer like Dishstore, rather than local. I know Dishstore uses the same DishNetwork installers, so no difference there.

I'm more concerned about the other issues I asked, like future service requests, upgrades, etc.

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
rolodoc said:
I am considering national retailer like Dishstore, rather than local. I know Dishstore uses the same DishNetwork installers, so no difference there.

I'm more concerned about the other issues I asked, like future service requests, upgrades, etc.
Your question is moot ordering from DISH or Dishstore is the same thing. You will be handled by DISH through either source. Now if you choose a real local dealer the story will be different. You should be able to meet the local dealer face to face and decide if you like doing business with them. If all you want is a telephone number to call go with DISH 800-333-3474.:)

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 20, 2006
Do it local so you can bitch direct if the install is not correct etc. It is not good talking to a csr about a problem and then they contact some fly buy the night guy who is in it for a fast buck and is sloppy or worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)