New subscription with my HR10-250

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisHelvey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Hi Everyone,
I already own an HR10-250 and a new 3LNB dish. My wife and I travel full-time in a motorhome which is set up for HD and would like to NOT have to buy a new DVR since we already have one that we like (I realize this DVR will not get the new MPEG4 content.)
Will D**** create a new account with this equipment?

Thanks

I thought I have read on other threads that you can add old equipment to an existing account, but if you want to start new service, you have to do it with new equipment. Someone else can probably confirm.

If that is the case, maybe you could start the account with a "free" standard receiver, add the old box and then deactivate the standard one...

Also keep in mind that having that receiver doesn't just mean that you won't get MPEG4 content - it means that eventually you won't get ANY HD content.

Can't tell you how badly that sucks. I was with D** since 1992 and then had to cancel my account over a year ago. MAYBE they will reactivate it. (I had to go through a bankruptcy...)
If I have to start over, I might consider the competition.
Thanks

Is the 5LNB dish any more difficult to set up than the 3? I am a certified Starband installer and have appropriate tools (DigiSat meter, angle finders, etc.)

Is the 5LNB dish any more difficult to set up than the 3? I am a certified Starband installer and have appropriate tools (DigiSat meter, angle finders, etc.)

It definitely IS more touchy than the 3, but if you are capable of installing a Starband, you can probably handle this with no problem. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)