New SW for ViP722 L.721

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
I got new SW on my 722 last night. It now says L.721. I'm surprised that I'm the first one to post about this as I could not find anything here or on the Dish network Support forum about that. Anything new in this release? I could not tell any difference to L.677 yet.

Only 100K 722 units are getting the software today. The rest are scheduled for Thursday.

In addition to the 722 release today the following upgrades are also going out today and continuings on Thursday.

ViP211K L550
ViP222 L505
Vip722k L689

The 211/411 will get L564 on Friday but only for new installs (and this one is tentative)

No release notes as of yet for any of them.

I hope it fixed deleting streamed/downloaded shows overnight. I got tired of downloading stuff, wanting to watch it the next day, because "streaming" didn't finish for a long time and the next day it was gone. Blocking bandwidth for the entire evening and wasting it in the end.

Hope it fixes the slow dvr and guide responses that started with last update!

Maybe it's more for the Oklahoma "Connection" :))
I'm in California and got it. My 722 is usually near the end of a rollout. I don't see anything new yet, but then I have the free-for-a-year Platinum so I won't be eligible for the BB tie-in until February unless I give up the freebie.

Well it still deletes "streamed" shows overnight, so this renders this part useless for me. whenever I select a show to "stream" it says that it is ready to watch in somewhere between 7-14 minutes. And every time I check back it still says about the same. That goes on until the show is eventually completely downloaded and then it is too late in the evening to watch it. Can't watch it the next day, because it got deleted overnight. What a garbage.

Only 100K 722 units are getting the software today. The rest are scheduled for Thursday.

In addition to the 722 release today the following upgrades are also going out today and continuings on Thursday.

ViP211K L550
ViP222 L505
Vip722k L689

The 211/411 will get L564 on Friday but only for new installs (and this one is tentative)

No release notes as of yet for any of them.
Scott, the list is showing L690 for the 722k to be released tomorrow. https://rweb.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/softwarelist.asp

Id love to see the sw relase notes. I love that stuff. I'm such a geek
Found them.
ViP 722k - L690
HDCP force TV2 fix, Blockbuster "Select All" fix, EPG updates, Misc stability fixes
Software Release Notes Week of 10/10

ViP 222 - L505
HDMI Detect, Live Sports Theme, Basic Remote Upgrades, update pop-up text (024), Locks password pop-up changes, EPG updates, Misc stability fixes

ViP 211k - L550
Locks password pop-up changes, Opt in Free Preview Trigger, micro-timers (stuck view banner, nightly updates not firing) fix, KVH check switch fix, EPG updates, Misc stability fixes
Software Release Notes Week of 10/03
ViP 722 - L721
Misc fixes, Install Wizard, EPG Updates
Software Release Notes Week of 9/26
ViP 722k - L688
Locks password pop-up changes, DISH On Demand updates, misc updates.

ViP 722 - L677
Adaptive Streaming, 3D FVOD, Locks password pop-up changes, DISH On Demand updates, misc updates.
Software Release Notes Week of 9/12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)