New SW on the Hopper REALLY sucks!

On movies and such, not a big deal for me. Tv shows like Schitts Creek shows the latest episode recorded then when I go to that tile it expands to all the episodes, again not a big deal for me. :popcorn

Bigger concerns for me are the accessing the other HWS . 4x FF....lag time zipping through the guide, waiting for the channel to keep up with my scrolling...quirky access to my EHD...Guide information craziness....etc.

I have one HWS and my wife have the other. In October, I had to replace my HWS, my wife's was unaffected. I like this setup for just this reason. Not sure how the Hopper 3 is handled with people who like separate DVR's like me? (Hopper 3 goes down No TV other than OTA ) There are features that would be nice to have from the Hopper 3, but functionality is still OK at this point with my HWS. I still have 2 original 1.0 Joey'so_O....1 gets some use, and the other get infrequent use, other when my Daughter comes to visit (In her old room) :D

Thanks Steve
Well, I can tell you this. As installers, we're buried with problems with these last software updates. No Joey Software, Hopper Slings taking an hour+ to d/l software, Joeys going "black", remotes not pairing or staying paired.... the list goes on. Dish screws us worse than the customers in some ways, but one thing they never seem to do is take much accountability or offer solutions on our tech forum and the problems with 2 Hopper installs that you guys posted about - which I then posted on the tech forum - not 1 person from Dish replied. Just other techs that are going to TC's for it. Take that as you will, but I wouldn't be holding my breathe.

Know what I haven't had problems with? Hopper 3's and Joey 3's. I get the issue of a 2yr agreement AND, like you said, separate DVR's, but that aside, with 16 Tuners, you don't need 2 DVR's anymore and if you experienced just how fast and fluid these are.... It's like this. I had a computer I built 8 yrs ago. I went all out and considered it pretty capable right up til i built my new computer - and went all out (for over $3000.00) - and realized what a dinosaur POS my old one was.

Food for thought

...but one thing they never seem to do is take much accountability or offer solutions on our tech forum and the problems with 2 Hopper installs that you guys posted about - which I then posted on the tech forum - not 1 person from Dish replied. Just other techs that are going to TC's for it. Take that as you will, but I wouldn't be holding my breathe.
This is making it sound more and more like Dish intentionally broke multiple-Hopper functionality, regardless of what Scott says. Either that, or Dish is trying to push more people to use Dish Anywhere to stream from the remote Hopper, instead of watching remote Hopper recordings directly from the connected nearby Hopper.

This is making it sound more and more like Dish intentionally broke multiple-Hopper functionality, regardless of what Scott says. Either that, or Dish is trying to push more people to use Dish Anywhere to stream from the remote Hopper, instead of watching remote Hopper recordings directly from the connected nearby Hopper.

If they wanted to intentionally disable the Hopper to Hopper functions then they probably would just go ahead and disable the Hopper to Hopper functions. They would have no reason to introduce a bug that generates TS calls, tech visits, receiver replacements, and generally pissed off customers.

I think this is a case where Hanlon's Razor applies. :)

No... the Hopper to Hopper features is a bug. I guess not to many testers have two Hopper setups. I am hearing they have identified the bug there and are testing a fix.

The changes to the screens was intentional and I don’t see them changing it back.

One thing I do like is that when you scroll up or down through the tiles the row you're moving to scrolls to the center row of the three visible rows.

The way Scott is talking, it sounds like the removal of the titles from the tiles is a prelude to something else coming down the pike.

Reactions: pattykay
If anyone is suffering with five tiles on their DVR view, I'll let you know that my 4K Joey on my Hopper 3 still has six columns of show tiles with the text underneath. All you need do is upgrade to the Hopper 3.

"Come to the Dark Side, it is your Destiny..." ;)

See: Apple

I'll pass...I generally avoid seeing them at every opportunity. :p

rofl.gif

Is the new software for the older Hoppers ? My hopper 3 works great it had a few screwed up folders and timers but the tiles or fine.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts